1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

external speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by onthe1, Jan 8, 2012.

  1. onthe1


    Sep 28, 2011
    i have a hollinger 80 watt per channel bass amp,that is 160 watt peak.I want to hook up an external speaker but don't know where,because the only jacks that are on this amp is bass guitar jack,insert,footswitch,return,send..tell me i can use one of these jacks for an external speaker..if so does it have to be in the same ohm range and wattage..which the 12" speaker is 4ohms.Iam trying to get just a little more kick out of this combo...i know you can't get blood out of a turnip but i'll settle for the sweat.
  2. Non of those, it would have to say "EXT Speaker". You could use the effects send to another combo amp/ separate amp-speaker. The effects send will NOT drive a speaker cab but will drive a separate amp. :)
  3. RickenBoogie


    Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 unless the combo has a dedicated EXT SPKR jack, you cannot run an ext cab, but as Bstring said, you can run another amp.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.