1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F/S GK Fusion 550. Absolutely mint!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by willsellout, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Hey guys I got this head a few months back. Its been to a couple practices but never pushed and always babied. There isn't a scratch on it. You can check around the amps forum and I don't think you'll see a negative review. It's a great head, really flexible, and loud as all hell:D.

Here are the specs for this wonderful head:

Power Amp:
    500 watt (LOUD!) Class G solid-state power amp
    50 watt Horn Bi-Amp System
    Toroidal transformer

Pre Amp:
    Six stage all tube preamp (three 12AX7's)
    Footswitchable two channel motorized controls
    Tube driven four band active EQ
    Contour control with 500Hz-800Hz mid frequency select
    Deep and bright switch
    Mute switch(footswichable)
    ¼" input jack with active/passive switch (-14dB)

Rear Panel
    Effects loop & tuner output
    Active DI with level control, pre/post and ground switch
    Two Horn Bi-Amp compatible Speakon outputs
    Two ¼" speaker outputs (fullrange only)
    Rear-vented temperature controlled fan

Dimensions:
    19" Wide x 5.25" tall x 10" deep
    Three rack spaces
    27.5 lbs.

Unfortunately my tastes have changed since this one came in. This amp will ship with all original packaging and materials and footswitch.

I'm looking to get 715.00 shipped, paypal echeck or certified bank check preferred

The only trades I'd be interested in are Eden heads, certain tube heads (Mesa, Ampeg), and maybe certain 4 string basses. As far as basses I'm not really looking for anything so throw them out there. Worst I can say is no. I'd love to have an SB2 though:D

Here is a shot of it:
    l_809ff27010a471ed3ba5bfbc36961ac2.

PM me with any questions and thanks for looking!

Dan

2. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    any trade interests???

3. I don't have anything in mind but you can feel free to run them by me:D

4. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    pm'ed.

5. I've had a couple questions on the motorized knobs. So I figured I'd clarify a bit.

The knobs work perfectly and would be useful live. It isn't an instantaneous switch from channel 1 to channel 2 but it's quick enough and smooth enough that you wouldn't have any problems using them live. The transition takes about a second or so depending on the difference in settings.

You cannot disengage the motorized knob feature, but you really don't have to use it either. If you did want to use it, the 1 & 2 settings are foot switchable. There is also a mute on the foot switch and I am including the foot switch and the cord with it.

I've updated the original post with some trade options as well.

Thanks!

Dan

6. t3ch

t3ch

Nov 17, 2007
    DC
    Whaaaaaaat. I thought you were in love with this.

7. I was, and am, but it's way too much for me right now and I can't really justify keeping two heads. I'm in no rush to sell but figured I'd throw it up here anyway. If it sells it sells, if not I can tell the wife I tried;)

8. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    If that's the case, I think you left out a 0 on the price ;)

9. funkitup

funkitup

Jan 16, 2009
    Brazoria, Tx
    What is going on? You've implied this was THE amp. What has happened?

10. I still believe its an incredible amp. I have not only implied that it is the amp, I have said it is:D, however it's overkill for what i need right now. I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't sell to be honest.

Dan

11. mrpillow

mrpillow

Jun 1, 2008
    Montgomery, TX
    Trade for a Tobias Killer B 5 w/EMG pup's and 18v BQC?

12. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    I got $50 :bag:

13. 50 bucks...now that's a tempting offer right there:D

14. ljazz

ljazz

Dec 10, 2002
    Cookeville, TN
    PM sent.

15. Sell the Eden. Keep this.

Awesome head!

16. It is an awesome head but I prefer the Eden's tone. I wish I could keep both of these because the Fusion is actually a better overall head I think and I could see situations where both would come in handy. The GK is a bit more dynamic, sounds quite a bit louder, and I think built better than the Eden. But the tone and the headphone out on the Eden is more to my liking right now. With the economy the way it is, I might end up keeping anyway.

Dan

17. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Can't believe this thing is still here.

$100 :bag:

18. Just boxed her up. Even if it doesn't sell she'll be sitting lonely in my garage all boxed like she was brand new...waiting for someone to give her a forever home;)

19. Ouch dude you're playing dirty now;)

20. I know I know...I feel so dirty:D