1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S Yamaha TRB 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tewest86, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tewest86

Tewest86 Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm putting this back up for sale because I came across my dream bass but the only way I can get it is to sell this bass first ( So says the wife!) This is the older model Yamaha with the 19mm string spacing. The bass is in perfect working condition. It has a few dings from normal wear that doesn't affect playablity. Another thing to note, Hipshot bridge and Tuners were installed. However, for the tuners, you can see the old screw holes where the old tuners were on back of the bass. It really isn't noticable but I thought I should mention it. Since I really need this to move fast, I will price it accordingly. I'll let this go for $750 including shipping to CONUS. Pictures will be up later tonight.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50059658@N08/

2. Tewest86

Sep 7, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    The crack around the bass pot is a crack in the finish only. When someone installed a new bass pot they tightened it too much and cracked the surrounding finish. According to my Instrument blue book, this should be prices at $1200-1350 used with a mint condition priced at $1400. As you can see, this is a heck of a deal.

3. Go hard!!

haha

Is this an active bass man??was looking for a TRB1005 or 6er.

Does have a nice phaat active sounds??Curious on what tones you got from it.

interested..

4. Are you serious?! :eek: My dream bass is up for a killer price! Dang I need to sell something *eyes baby's crib* :D

5. Tewest86

Sep 7, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Yes, it's active. It still has the original pre-amp and pickups. Somebody better scoop this up quick because I Jada gig last night and this bass sounded so good. I might have a change of heart!

6. PMed..

7. Im sorry but I litterally lol'd at "eyes babies crib" bahaha

sell the car first brah haha...

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    +1,000! I had one of these back in the 1990s and it was killer. I traded it for a SSD five which I later traded for a Ken Smith, but neither was better than the Yamaha, IMO. I have a couple of TRB5s at the moment, but I sure hope I can pick up a TRB6 some day soon.:bassist:

9. Tewest86

Sep 7, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Don't get me wrong, I do love this bass. I'm actually starting to second guess myself. It's hard making these type of decisions.

10. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    There's nothing wrong with selling it if there is another sound or feel that would work better for you. My regret in selling my TRB6 was that I assumed a more expensive bass was better for me and it wasn't.:oops:

The bottom line is that as players, we really have to pay attention to what works for us instead of getting caught up in what we think is cool.:bassist:

I just wish I had $750 free to take it off of your hands!:help:

11. Rev.Dr.

Rev.Dr.

Oct 4, 2007
    Metro Atlanta
    Great price for a killer bass.

12. 34" scale?

13. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Yes.

14. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  15. Tewest86

Sep 7, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    bump

16. Tewest86

Sep 7, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Bump

17. Tewest86

Sep 7, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    bump

18. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Did you decide just to keep it or...?

19. Tewest86

Sep 7, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    It's still up for sale

20. "still"??pretty sure you confirmed your keeping it a while back.:)

Jus sayin..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.