1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Facebook help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I know, try searching... or reading instructions. I have been. And it's taking me an unbelievable amount of time to figure things out. I'm getting frustrated and would like some quick help from you guys, if yer feelin it. :) Took me a week to figure out I couldn't upload videos because Internet Explorer simply wouldn't let me. Enough rant... I need help cuz I need this page up in a hurry....

Need help with 2 things right now I can't seem to figure out.

1. Basic info. Want to simply put a bio. On the basic info edit page there's a frikken box that makes 0 sense to me. Officail page: And it says, "enter official page here. Will be shown as community page about '_________' . And it will help the official page see the updates." I haven't a clue, not the vaguest, what they're talking about. What is it they'd like me to type in that there space?

2. I tried, really I did, but I can't figure how to load an app in order to put a music player on my page so I can put a catalog of songs I've written or been a part of. Not a clue what musicplayer to add either.

I'm doing OK for now with the rest. Would just appreciate some quick answers as opposed to the hours of searching before the penny drops. I've been avoiding doing this for months because I'm not a fan of facebook, but one must do what one must do.

Here's my half finished page for those interested Joe Nerve - Info | Facebook

Thanks ever so much to anyone kind enough to assist.

2. fenderphil

fenderphil

Sep 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    reverbnation and or soundcloud will help.

reverbnation sets up an app for your page with an mp3 player as well as video and a live schedule

soundcloud lets you add individual mp3's without all the bells and whistles.

3. As far as playing music on a FB band page, I really enjoy bandcamp. It's a great site as-is, and the facebook app for it is very easy to use.

When editing your "page", you can add as much info as you want. People will typically have to click the info section to get to it, but it'll be there. I think you can set a certain tab as the default too, so you can utilize that if you wanted.

For example: http://www.facebook.com/rightasrainmusic - this is my band's page. You'll see how we use the info section, bandcamp and this other app called "Bandpage" which I originally used to put our music in, include a banner and link to videos/twitter.

With some searching around, there's a lot of resources for bands.

4. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    Joe, I just got a series of "Check Out Joe Nerve" e-mails from you, saying "Joe Nerve is inviting you to join Facebook." The e-mail address that these are coming to is not the e-mail address I use for FB, but is one that I have probably used to communicate with you in the past. Whatever it is you're doing via FB to generate these e-mails, please stop!

5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Wow... so sorry... I'm kinda screwed here. Put invites out to all from my aol mailbox, and I'm getting quite a few complaints. Ieffing hate facebook, never wanted to do this, and am only doing it because I feel I have to. Probably making more enemies today than friends.

My apologies again, you won't get any more requests like that.

My apologies to anyone else who got slammed. It was completely unintentional.

6. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    Build a real website or at least a google site, then toss the link on your facebook.

BAM

7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Anyone else having trouble accessing fb from a mobile device?
    I keep getting "Sorry, something went wrong" when I try to check from my smartphone.

8. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Nope. Might be worth downloading the FB app if you haven't to see if that works better.

9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    That worked much better.