Fall Color Shots

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Nov 11, 2005.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Here are some Fall color shots from Northern MI. These were shot with my old Nikon F100, and one wth an F4, all off tripod.[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]
  2. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    friggin nice! i love nature pics! :)
  3. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Good stuff man! Love the last one with the water.

I have a few I'll post when I get home. :)
  4. They look great! Did you touch up the last one with photoshop? Just curious because of the way the water looks.
  5. Those are great!

I feel inspired to take some shots, but mine will probably suck.

Probably shot with a slow shutter speed. It will give anything in motion a blurred look. If it was shot in automatic mode the shutter speed would have been much quicker and the running water would have been much less dramatic.
  6. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Cool stuff.

I waited too long to take good fall shots, the trees are almost bare.
  7. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    You called it, I have kinda of a rule with nature stuff, Moving water=Slow shutter speed. And I shoot EVERYTHING on a tripod for nature. Here's three more not necessarily fall shots . All three were shot between 1 and 3 seconds with polarizing filter off a tripod. One shot is just waves hitting rocks. It's a cool technique.[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]
  8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Very nice shots Burke!

You'll have to work on your posting technique though :D
  9. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Burke, those shots are sweet!!!!!!!
  10. WOW! Those are truly great.

I went out and got myself a decent camera (oly C8080), tripod, polarizer. Got a couple of books. I still haven't any great shots like that. Then again, there aren't that many picturesque opportunities for someone interested in outdoor photography around here. I will have to get out more.

Great job.
  11. Hey burk, great shots! I love the slow shutter speed shots of the water!

I was recently out with my new D50 and took a few....

12. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Eric, the Squirrel shot is cool!!. Tell me the truth were you feeding him? I'll post some Sandhill crane shots later, I ran into a family of Sandhills last spring. First time I had my D70 out.
  13. Hey burk,

Thanks for the compliment. Those shots were all taken at Lake Scranton, in my home city. There is a paved pathway the entire way around the lake. 3 and half miles total I think. MANY people walk there. The squirrels are so "domesticated" from being fed, that they typically behave like hams for the walkers! I didn't feed them a thing (that day, anyway!). I swear, they totally dig having their pics taken. I can't tell you how many ran up to me, or jumped up on a rock, stump, etc., and "struck a pose" till my shutter went off. At that time, they just walked away. It's hysterical, really!
  14. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Here's those Sandhill crane shots from last spring, these were all taken about 35 miles outside of Detroit![​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]
  15. Great shots burk!

But how do they stand like that? :eyebrow: