Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fashion advice needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by secretdonkey, Nov 4, 2005.

1. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Need some new jeans... thinking low rise, boot cut / slight flare at the bottom. Need it cut tight in back - I was born without a butt. About a 28" waist. Hip but under a C note would be nice. Suggestions?

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Just go to the store and look around like a normal person.

brad cook

3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Well, I'd like to keep my metrosexuality confined to the relative anonymity that is the internet. Unless, that is, you'd care to meet up and give me feedback on what various jeans do for my butt, Brad... Hmmm?

Thought so.
    ;) :D

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Don't be silly. We both know fashion in Beaumont doesn't extend past Dickies and Wranglers. :smug:

brad cook

5. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Unfortunately for me, there is no snappy comeback to the cold, hard truth. Gahhh...

6. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The pants make the man! Can't go wrong with vintage. ;)

7. aaron f.

aaron f.

Oct 21, 2000
    Manitoba
    Try Buffallo if you're looking for good jeans. I got a pair similar to what you described for $130 cdn (with tax). Keep in mind all their jeans/pants are 34 length. Although 28 inch waist is pretty tight, may be hard to find.

8. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  9. ............................................you paid over 125 dollars for A pair of GOOD jeans. :eyebrow: For that price I would hope they would be perfect. I would much rather buy 3-6 pairs of decent jeans for that price. IMO: Better to have 5 pairs of jeans that aren't bad for 130$ then have 5 good jeans for 650$

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I go to garage sales. I don't pay full price for anything hardly. The clearance section at Kohls is pretty kick-ass./

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I usually buy my jeans at Marshall's or Ross (if you don't have them they're those clearance type stores that buy out first-inventory type stuff from other stores and from manufacturers, contrary to popular belief most of the clothes are not "irregular").

I bought a pretty sweet pair of Calvin Klein low-rise, boot cut jeans from Marshall's for under 20 bucks. I got a pair of Ralph Lauren jeans that aren't as "hip" but are still pretty nice for about 25 bucks. I was eyeing some very stylish DKNY jeans there just the other day but those were 30 bucks and I haven't paid 30 bucks for a pair of jeans since....ever.

brad cook

12. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Agreed. My ex GF was a bit of a fashionista and taught me this about shirts - they don't cut shirts the way they used to - unless you want to spend $$$. I've got a nice collection of rockin' vintage shirts thanks to her. We broke up before I could get her to help me with jeans. :crying:

I'm picturing a sign outside the store that reads, "You must be *this* tall to shop here.------------" :D

I'm wearing gap jeans now. Their low rise boot cut is my current benchmark jean, but they told me at the mall that they had "re-branded" these. They pointed me over to some jeans that were much cheaper and made from more pedestrian, plain denim. Ahem. Not the same thing, thank you. I doubt they are cut the exact same way, either.

thanks for the suggestions so far, everybody.

13. aaron f.

aaron f.

Oct 21, 2000
    Manitoba
    I don't think I own a pair of pants or jeans that cost less than 100$. The reason being that it's hard to find clothes, especially pants that fit me well, or whose style I like.

Basically they are the perfect fit and the ideal style for me so I don't mind spending a little more for a garment I'm 100% satisfied with. The 34 inch length is some "industry standard" according to the salesman. I just fold the cuff up a few inches and then fold the very bottom (the stiched part) into the cuff, it gives it a cleaner look. You could always hem them yourself.

14. Big fan of both Lucky Jeans, and regular old Old Navy standard-fit vintage wash jeans. Not a bad cut for 20 bucks.

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Old navy boot cut

Lee straight leg

16. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I prefer ascots to dickies.

17. God, we need more women if there's going to be more topics like this.

And go to the store. I hope you're not buying them online :D

18. Try before you buy. :p

19. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Be cool: get a cape.

[​IMG]