Favorite Gear from Winter NAMM 2020?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by remcult, Jan 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. remcult

remcult Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    A ton of stuff has me excited (like 7 reverbs alone), and I was wondering what had people hyped

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I was so stoked on people's response to our new CROAK at the booth. 100% gratifying.
    Of other people's gear, I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED OBNE's Visitor as my best in show. I immediately was off and writing riffs. Everything that I threw at it sounded so good!
    2nd place was DBA's Rooms. Really nice, atmospheric, and interesting verb for sure!

TodaysTomSawyer and remcult like this.
  3. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Nothing REALLY excited me. Empress Compressor Mk II is a consideration. I like what EHX did with the improved Pitchfork, but I wish Digitech could do something similar with a second-generation Drop.

GMC and remcult like this.
  4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    NE ND
    Nothing I can't live without.
    GAS conquered.

kesslari, GMC and remcult like this.
  5. mikesjam

mikesjam

Sep 6, 2016
    I wasn't there, but from what I saw, the upcoming Solidgoldfx Nu-33 has me most excited. All of their pedals sound great on both bass and guitar.

6. adamaarts

adamaarts

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    Initially I was pretty underwhelmed with the releases from the companies I follow the closest. Most were some sort of delay/looper/eq/etc or something that wasn’t as exciting for me personally even though they were all awesome!

The biggest announcement I saw was the Neural Quad Cortex. Gonna be awesome since DG/Neural does things right. Problem was, the booth was absolutely insane the entire time so I couldn’t get a chance to sit down and test one. I’d love to be able to have some insight for those wondering about it since the price tag will likely keep many hesitant, but it will have to wait I guess.

I feel this year was way more crowded than usual, and a lot of companies were there so it sort of all got diluted for me and there wasn’t quite a ‘winner’ for everything I saw.

Darkglass, jimfist and remcult like this.
  7. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!" Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Quad Cortex

Darkglass and remcult like this.
  8. musicmansf

musicmansf

Jul 23, 2007
    Los Angeles
    That Darkglass Headphone/Cab Sim box was great and beats any amp-less headphone situation I've played through. Hope they do end up bringing it into production.

Boss SY-1 was seriously impressive in person.

Darkglass and remcult like this.
  9. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A bunch of things caught my eye enough to dig in on some demos and I might keep an eye on the used market. The only thing I will 90% end up getting (was a rough internal battle to not jump on the initial few released or get in the pre order list) is the Context 2, but that’s because I’ll pretty much buy anything Red Panda puts out.