1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Favorite sheet music sources?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Diesel Kilgore, Jan 3, 2018.

1. I usually look through eBay for some older or classics. Have to sort through the showtunes and over priced things for cool pieces.

Hal Leonard is pretty good for collections in their play alongs.

Sheet music direct seems to be pretty good and inexpensive for individual songs.

What online or other places do you all dig around for sheet music?

2. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    lustersilk likes this.
  3. Groove Master

Groove Master

Apr 22, 2011
    Montreal
    Author of Groove 101, Slap 101 and Technique 101
    I really dig Sher Music publications. Accurate and and so well written especially chords symbols!

Leo Smith likes this.
  4. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggbassplayer.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    Only would take exception to his Mustang Sally transcription (Pierre). Ed Friedland wrote 2 good articles about it in recent BP magazines- the actual bassline is much more dissonant than you would expect, and it helps create a unique push.
    EDIT: a great tip from those articles on transcription- put the track in a program such as Amazing Slow Downer- then put the track up a full octave, now the bassline is much easier to discern, being up an octave, and you can clearly hear each pitch, as though it is played on a standard guitar. It really helps on complex and deep lines!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  5. Leo Smith

Leo Smith

Oct 21, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm not sure this is the direction you are leaning, but imslp.org is a great source for classical music in the public domain. (Think Mozart, Bach, and the like....)

mtto likes this.
  6. vilshofen

vilshofen

Dec 27, 2007
    Casablanca
    Diesel I've mentioned this before here at TB, but you could take a look at scribd.com; $9/month, first month free w/no obligation.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018