Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FBB Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brianh, Oct 10, 2005.

1. brianh

brianh

Aug 19, 2005
    NYC
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    Does anyone have any experience with FBB basses, specifically their 6 strings?

I'm looking into getting one...

thanks,
    brian

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    pointbass has a sweet fretless 6 string. I've played it a little and it felt and sounded pretty good. The neck was big and round... but in a real comfy good way.

3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I have an FBB 6'er. It is the most amazing bass I have played. Tone, playability, and craftsmanship are top notch. A couple of years ago, I sent Matt a sketch and some specs for a custom six, and he crafted everything I was looking for with amazing attention to detail.

I cannot say enough as to how good FBB basses are.

4. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    My FBB fretless 6 is somewhere beyond amazing. This bass is now my #1 choice for 95% of the playing I do. It is without a doubt the best bass I have ever had, period :bassist:

I totally recommend that anyone looking for a seriously high quality bass contact Matt Schmill ..... price points are excellent and the craftsmanship is superb. My bass is #020 in the FBB gallery ........ :cool:

5. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx
    I've played a single cut 5 string. It was a really great bass with a really great tone. The neck profile on his basses is really comfy as well. I highly reccomend them, Matt's construction is top notch and he is a really nice guy as well. Best of luck.