1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FBB Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brianh, Oct 10, 2005.

1. brianh

brianh Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2005
    NYC
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    Does anyone have any experience with FBB basses, specifically their 6 strings?

I'm looking into getting one...

thanks,
    brian

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    pointbass has a sweet fretless 6 string. I've played it a little and it felt and sounded pretty good. The neck was big and round... but in a real comfy good way.

3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I have an FBB 6'er. It is the most amazing bass I have played. Tone, playability, and craftsmanship are top notch. A couple of years ago, I sent Matt a sketch and some specs for a custom six, and he crafted everything I was looking for with amazing attention to detail.

I cannot say enough as to how good FBB basses are.

4. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    My FBB fretless 6 is somewhere beyond amazing. This bass is now my #1 choice for 95% of the playing I do. It is without a doubt the best bass I have ever had, period :bassist:

I totally recommend that anyone looking for a seriously high quality bass contact Matt Schmill ..... price points are excellent and the craftsmanship is superb. My bass is #020 in the FBB gallery ........ :cool:

5. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx
    I've played a single cut 5 string. It was a really great bass with a really great tone. The neck profile on his basses is really comfy as well. I highly reccomend them, Matt's construction is top notch and he is a really nice guy as well. Best of luck.