Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fedex destroyed my amp

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 5bassman, Jul 1, 2005.

1. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    Anyone have any experience with Fedex paying on claims? I received a combo the other day and they busted the cab, the speaker and it's got a hum to it. Well packaged and all but I guess they got careless. Do they try to get out of paying like UPS did to me?

2. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Call 1-800-GOFEDEX and tell 'em what happened. They are much quicker to pay than UPS. Was it insured? For the full value?

3. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    Yes it was and the seller is taking care of me on all this. I just wondered how good they are about covering these things.

4. Did you get it from a retail store or a private party?

In either situation you should be all set if it was insured. Basically it is the shippers responsibility for what was shipped, FedEx will cover the damages and he should ship you a new amp at no cost to you and FedEx will pick up the damaged one, provided it was a retail store.

In my job I have to deal with receiving damaged shipments from both FedEx and UPS. FedEx defiantly seems to be a lot easier to deal with.

As far as me as the shipper, I have only had to deal with one damaged item through UPS. I sent my customer a new one at no cost and had to battle it out with UPS. UPS likes to use the phrase "improper packing" :rollno: So I told them If I knew they where going to kick it from Rhode Island to California I would have put it in a steel box. Long story short, I got my money back. :smug: