Fender 62 PI P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cerpin Taxt, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Cerpin Taxt

Cerpin Taxt

Jun 12, 2005
    I'm currently thinking about purchasing a 62 RI p-bass from Fender. Anyone have any feedback for me concerning the playability/tone of these insturments?
  2. RiddimKing

Dec 29, 2004
    The Fender 62 RI P is a nice bass, but be aware that the neck is wider at the nut than the modern Fender Ps. The PUPs tend to be a little less hot than modern ones, too, but the tone is excellent, especially with flatwounds. I'd opt to play before purchase, though. The first one I got had a bad neck. (GC was excellent in this regard btw. I know people diss them a lot, but they changed out the entire bass for me, rather than making me wait for a neck replacement.) Overall, a great bass for blues and rock, if you want that old school vintage sound.
  3. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Very nice basses. I used to have one and wish I hadn't sold it.
  4. Jason Brown

Jason Brown Supporting Member

May 1, 2000
    SLC, UT
    I buy and sell a lot of basses, but this is the one I always come back to. It's by far my favorite current production bass.
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Is this the USA reissue series? I want one of every color of USA reissue series P's and J's that Fender makes! Beautiful basses all the way around. Too bad my wife won't let me buy any more basses.

Oh well, she's great in other ways...