1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Am Dexluxe Precision V and Jazz V (2 basses)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tombowlus, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, I do really like both of these basses, but when I have poor neglected Sadowsky's not making it to gigs, I really have to question why I am keeping these beauties locked up. These basses deserve to be out on gigs, so I'm posting them for sale. They are identical twin cousins, each with an ash body, the somewhat rare cherry burst finish, and maple boards. Both are in near mint condition, and both have had additional shielding work done to them (no other mods, though). There are no blemishes to either one worth mentioning, but they have been played a little bit, and the ADPV has seen a couple of gigs (but is still near mint).

Canon098.jpg

Canon104.jpg

Canon099.jpg

Here are some additional shots of the AMPV, but the Jazz is just as nice.
    IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

They each have the molded hard shell Fender cases (which are both in excellent condition).

As with all of my auctions, I reserve the right to change my mind and keep these basses, but the prudent thing would be to move them along to someone who will get them out on a gig and really play them!

I would like to get $X,XXX, plus shipping, for the Precision (sold!) and $X,XXX, plus shipping, for the Jazz (sold!). If someone is interested in both, I could work out a deal. I wouldn't rule out a trade, but man, I'm running out of room for stuff! :help:

Tom.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Beautiful basses! I love those ash body Fenders! What do want for trade bait? I probably can't get up the cash, but these are truly tempting.:)

3. shrigg

shrigg Joy Decision Bassist/BL, AudioKinesis Beta Tester Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    PM sent! :D

4. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Again, I'd rather sell them outright, as I don't really need/want anything, but feel free to hit me up with a trade offer. :cool:

5. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    Awesome basses!

6. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Damn you tom... I was looking for a Deluxe Precision V last week.

Blehhhhhh.

7. joinercape

joinercape

Dec 22, 2007
    PM'd

8. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I've personally played these basses, and can honestly say they are VERY nice!! I'm absolutely a fan of the newer American Deluxe V's (4+1 headstock).

9. funkfingers

funkfingers

Sep 18, 2006
    PMed!

10. DJJazzV

DJJazzV Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir... Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Awesome basses! What year are they?

11. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I think 2006 or 2007, but I will have to double check.

12. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Dang Tom,

You would put these up when everybody's broke :bawl:.

:D

Bump anyway ;)

God Bless, Ray

13. honest abe

honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Audio Engineer for Marcos Witt
    Nice! How mich do thewe weigh?

14. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I will have to break them out and check that. I'll try to do that this weekend.

15. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    The p-bass is probably an 05-06. My 05-06 p- and j- bass deluxe pair (pau ferro, not maple) both have the 60th anniversary emblems on the back. Your p-bass appears to have the same.

16. wwcowley

wwcowley

Feb 23, 2010
    PM'ed

17. Crunktacular

Crunktacular

Jun 26, 2008
    Memphis, TN
    Mr. Tom,

You have a PM sir! I have been waiting for this bass in this color for a while now. :hyper:

Does it "play" well? Are the electronics in it 9v or 18v? If I recall, Fender changed this at some point.

18. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    These are 18V, battery compartments in the back. And I can assure you, this bass plays great. I actually had this bass in my hands for a short while and I think Tom had to even raise the action back up when he got it back. :D

19. Crunktacular

Crunktacular

Jun 26, 2008
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks for your input Vic!

How is the neck compared to the Jazz V Deluxe or a Stingray 5? I have played both of those, and like both necks. No store here has the P5 in stock for me to try.

20. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    It's the same as the Jazz V, and in fact, I THINK even the nut width is the same. It's a "medium C" profile, and very pleasant to play. The string spacing is 18mm, vs 17mm on the Stingray, which I like. I feel the 18mm spacing is a great compromise between the fingerstyle benefits of 17mm and the slap benefits of 19mm.

Tom will have to confirm on the weight, but I've played a bunch of these, and have owned like 4-5 various USA Deluxe P's and J's and they all seem to be amazingly consistent right about 9 pounds... yeah, even regardless of ash/alder body woods. Makes me think this is deliberate on Fender's part as part of what makes it a USA Deluxe model. VERY consistent.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.