Fender Bassman 610 Neo... No side handles?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tshapiro, Jul 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. tshapiro

tshapiro Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Jax Florida
    So my Fender Bassman 610 Neo showed up today and as advertised it has no side handles. Seems what should be relatively easy tasks such is lifting into the trailer with the help of my band mate are kinda tricky and requires one of us bend over and lift the low end from the ground (not good for the back). I suppose I could use the pull handles on top and scrape/drag it into the trailer but that seems silly when I have band mates to help. Almost seems like a joke to omit these. I do love the fact that it's only 77lbs. What do others who have this cabinet do? Any recommendations for good recessed handles?

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I own an Ampeg 610. It's much heavier than yours, I'm sure. Thay being said, I find it pretty easy to get around. Simply push it back and grab the bottom with one hand as it rises. Lift it parallel with the ground and shove it in. Done.

I don't even know if my 610 has side handles. If it does, I've never used them. Wheels and a towel bar are all I need.

JGbassman likes this.
  3. tshapiro

Aug 25, 2015
    Jax Florida
    Thanks for that. It does seems it would be so easy to carry up some stairs or load a trailer deck that is 1.5' off the ground if it had handles as my band usually loads the gear in as a group and all the other cabs we move we do so with the side handles. I could see the lean method to be good if it were just me. But, with a few people all helping move gear handles would be much easier. And I think your Ampeg 610 actually has handles.

4. +1 I have a GK 412 Neo and I had to look. No side-handles. Never even crossed my mind.

5. Pat C.

Pat C. Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Do you have a low back injury?

No?

Bend your knees, use a staggered stance, keep your low back flat, brace your core.

Yes?

Have one of your bandmates do the above.

6. tshapiro

Aug 25, 2015
    Jax Florida
    Hey guys, thanks for the input. Seems people don't seem to to miss the side handles and that's good to hear. I guess I'll give it some time to get oriented with it :)

7. HOOLIGAN

HOOLIGAN

Dec 21, 2007
    Cowtown, USA
    It also has handles on the bottom. And wheels.

8. tshapiro

Aug 25, 2015
    Jax Florida
    D73F1A1B-2F3E-4992-85FE-29CB156B5623.jpeg Those are pull handles for pulling it back out of your car most likely. Not very well situated for carrying but great for pulling back out of my truck. The big feet on the bottom are actually pretty good for grabbing. Here it is in the back of my truck. I got this cab because it's the biggest cab I could fit in the cab of my truck and also get it in there myself. From this view you can clearly see the value of the bottom handles

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    sludgetail likes this.
  9. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    How about Just adding flush mount side handles then there is no cutting just measuring to be sure they are both positioned the same

10. tshapiro

Aug 25, 2015
    Jax Florida
    Thought about that... But I think they'd have to be recessed to not get in the way when sliding on the side. That starts to turn into a bit of project if you want it to look like it came from the factory that way

11. You could add side skid rails... to one, or both sides, IF you put the above mentioned side handles on. This would still allow side sliding.

12. tshapiro

Aug 25, 2015
    Jax Florida
    That def is an option

13. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    The (lack of) side handles is something that annoyed me about the GK Neo412 I had. I found the heavier Ampeg SVT610 I had easier to maneuver myself due to the side handles. (Not the Fender cab in question, but both similar in size).

14. Honkey tonk

Honkey tonk Turn it up Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Lower 48
    rodl2005 likes this.
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021