1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Bass's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ibanez Bassist, May 20, 2011.

1. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Has anybody played or does anybody have either the Fender Mustang Bass, the Fender 60's Jazz Bass or the Fender Highway One Jazz Bass..
    I was looking at one of those three for purchase ..
    Thanks Scott

2. Staunch

Staunch Banned

I seriously doubt that anyone on here has played any of those basses. I mean, they are all VERY uncommon and hard to come by.

I guess you could try searching the "Basses" forum, but I doubt that you will find anything.

3. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ouch! That smarts! :eek:

But no seriously, dude - just do a search. Staunch is correct.

4. Damn

5. Staunch

Staunch Banned

Ok, ok... I apologize. I'm feeling snarky today. It was meant to be taken jovially.

6. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Why would all of those bass's be so hard to come by, when there at GC ...

7. Nobody

Nobody Banned

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    Fender basses? Never heard of them.

OOD likes this.
  8. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    He was being facetious.

9. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    LMAO.....

10. mwesth

mwesth

May 30, 2009
    Skovlunde, Denmark
    I love my Mustang RI...

11. I've heard of those, never seen them. You know, my guitarcenter only carries those crappy "Lakland" and "Fodera" brands. I keep waiting for them to get a genuine "Fender".
    :p

12. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    I guess when your looking for serious info you need to use a real site where you can get answers and not Bull ****.. LOL No problem I will get what I need..

13. KingCrimson

KingCrimson

Oct 6, 2008
    You guys need to stop being freakin ***** this guy is obviously a new poster and wanted to ask a question.

To Ibanez Bassist, there are a lot of people who have played these instruments. Do a search and you will find an answer.

I would give you a more accurate answer, but i dont own either of these. I had a student who had a mustang and it was great, and jazz basses are probably the most iconic basses in the world. If you get a nice jazz bass, you have a companion for life!

Good luck, Fender knows how to give great tone

14. Pet peeve here: say it with me- basses. Bass's shows ownership i.e. "this is my bass's bridge" Fender makes basses, not bass's.

In all seriousness, all of those basses are great basses. Play before you buy, and you'll find a great one.

15. Nobody

Nobody Banned

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    Seriously though, any of those basses will give you "that Fender sound" that is what you hear on every piece of music recorded with an electric bass.

OOD likes this.
  16. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    The problem I have is that I didn't ask if anybody heard of Fender or ever heard of any of these Basses.. I asked if anybody owned or played one before so I could get the inside scoop on what might be a little better then the other, but as I see Its much too complicated of a question for most here, so as I have done before I go elsewhere for good info.. If you want to keep a site like this growing do yourselves a favor get rid of the Clowns and someone grow up and take on some responsibility..

17. Tmw2011

Tmw2011

Feb 23, 2011
    Edmond, OK
    I think this is exactly what they're pointing out to you, as the op, about using the search function.

Shrug.

18. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Thats fine but was it too much to ask here in this forum if anybody had one or had used one recently ??? Thats what I thought made the site function and go around but I guess not.. Maybe everyone should do it them selves instead of asking or showing, that would really help the sites post ratio ... LOL I will get my own info, No Problem Its a done deal..

19. Tmw2011

Tmw2011

Feb 23, 2011
    Edmond, OK
    One additional bass that you might want to add to your list to check out is the Road Worn Jazz. It features the same spec's as the 60's Jazz (on paper at least) but beyond the 'distressing' & the nitro, a lot of people agree that there are noticible differences (rolled edges on the fb, *edit in* lighter body, & so on) and that the hardware may actually be improved. I've heard nothing but good things about the RW stuff (once people got past the faux-mojo), and in fact, I'm getting myself a road worn P in about 2 weeks. (Edit - I was initially looking at the 50's P, which I loved the fit, finish, feel and sound on, until I found a road worn, which just took it everything about the 50's P to that next level, but with no glossy neck.)

Good luck.
    -T

20. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    I have a buddy in a band, he's not too tall, so the Mustang Bass is perfect for him. That one being a short scale bass is the one that is notably different in your mix.