1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Blacktop Jazz Bass Custom.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hand of Doom, Feb 15, 2012.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

So, this isn't stock from Fender. You had this done?

Congrats on your new bass! Hope it rocks your world.

2. Hand of Doom

Hand of Doom

Feb 15, 2012
    Yeah, I debated between a MOP blue but decided on the red because it accents the off-white almost cream color of the bass. But I know that's just being vain. =)

3. Hand of Doom

Hand of Doom

Feb 15, 2012
    So far, the only one I know of in existence... for now.

4. Filip Burdon

Filip Burdon

Jan 16, 2012
    Warsaw Poland
    Bass player in https://www.facebook.com/TamamShodProg/
    Any recordings maybe?

I'm actually thinking about sellin' my P bass, getting a bass like that and maybe generally change to J bass necks :p

5. Here's my Blacktop Jazz

[​IMG]

6. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I think the QP route is the way to go with mine. Just haven't been happy with the stock tone.

7. danielvillabass

danielvillabass

Apr 22, 2009
    hi guys , i have one j bazz ( the pearl one) its sounds awezome for me. The guys in the store have the P blacktop and the J blacktop. I played the two basses and for me the J are more powerfull than P.

Where do you get the pickguard?

8. Baba65

Baba65

Sep 12, 2012
    Did you have to change the pots when you changed to quarter pounders? I love the sound of the sd3s. (I bought a Blacktop Jazz body and put a p bass maple neck on it.)

9. Yes I am curious if you changed pots and what the sound is compared to your stock pups.

10. ggvicviper

ggvicviper Yamaha & Grosbeak. I’m Marc!

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    It looks BEASTLY! I never had any interest in this Fender until I saw this pic with that red pickguard.

11. I just bought a white chrome pearly Blacktop Jazz also. Love the feel (my first Fender Jazz), and still kind of getting used to the tone. It is good, I just can't exactly find what I am looking for. I have a Digitech BP-355 to help.
    I am wanting to customize the pickguard also. So please do share where you got the pickguards.

Can you repost your sound bites with the QPs pup?

Thanks!

12. unclebass

unclebass

Dec 17, 2012
    I have the same bass with the original pickguard, and looking for a way to spice it up. This is the look I am going for. Where did you get this pickguard, and is that red or brown tortoise?

13. Gary_Rock

Gary_Rock

Jan 8, 2013
    That is such a pretty bass!

So what I would love to know is if you noticed that the body has a big hole upto the pickup under the scratch plate or if going naked is an option with this bass?

Thanks in advance!

14. 4001

4001 Inactive

Sep 29, 2004
    Lake County, IL
    I'd love to hear that bass wired in true stereo and play it through two amps.

15. So does anyone have sound bites with different tones with other non stock pups, like the quarter pounders?
    Something I don't like about mine is that the volume knobs are too sensitive. It seems that if you just barely roll it off, it may as well be totally off. What I mean is that it is nearly on or off, hard to get a decent blend.

16. MitchC

MitchC

Jan 20, 2010
    Where can we get that red / tortoise pickguard for our Blacktop bass ?

17. Madasterlrd

Madasterlrd

Jan 13, 2013
    Yeah where is the best place to get a pickguard for a blacktop jazz? I have the black and want a white pickguard I can customize

18. MitchC

MitchC

Jan 20, 2010
  19. emdsd

emdsd Mongo only pawn in game of music!

Feb 25, 2010
    Boyne City, Michigan
    ...and a big THANK YOU!:hyper:

20. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Yeah thank you very much for the link. Now i'm stuck on which one to order.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021