Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Bullet Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Locke, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Locke

Locke

Jul 14, 2000
    Hi,
    I just bought an early 80's US Fender Bullet Bass (19 frets) and was just wondering if anyone else out there has one? You don't really see them that often and they are in my opinion underrated. Anyone else like these basses? Cheers!!!---Jon

2. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    Lock,
    I have a 1982 Bullet Bass that I played in high school. It sat in my brothers attic for over ten years before I rediscovered it. It has a one piece maple neck/fingerboard and a dark brown natural finish on the body. I have replaced the control knobs with chrome P-Bass knobs, other than that, it is all original. I put a set of flatwounds on it, back off the treble and it sounds fat! It has aged really nicely. The Bullets are real made in america Fenders and I really dig my "vintage bass". Hope you enjoy your's!!!

3. I have a earlie nineties Squier bullet bass, it looks identical to a precision, I used it all through high school, It was my first bass. I'll never part with it.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    At least some of the Bullets were shortscale, right?

5. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    My first bass (still have it) was a 85 or 86 Bullet Bass. The only thing original on it is the body, pickguard and tuners.

[​IMG]

6. discoboo

discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    I, too, am the owner of a Squier Bullet Bass. Right now it is in pieces b/c I'm slowly putting it back together with new hardware. Anyhow, it was my first bass...I got it from a guy that worked at the mall. He also tossed in a picture of him posing with Entwistle, Sheehan and some dude that looks like Bob Geldof. Any idea how to figure out the year it was made?