Fender Deluxe Dimension Bass V love

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigtone23, Apr 28, 2019.

1. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Just gotta say, my new/old 2013 Deluxe Dimension bass I picked up last week has been nothing but toneful fun! I'm deep in the honeymoon phase with it for sure. However, it's not gonna fade much. The neck profile, feel and weight/balance is pretty much the same as my 97 US J Deluxe V and 00 US P Deluxe V. Those 3 basses can pretty much do it all!

Also, when I took it apart to resand the neck back to a matte, I noticed the body is made of ash, not alder as per spec for black basses. Bonus!

2. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Deluxe V Family Shot with the J and P. What can't this trio do? haha
    [​IMG]

3. MattB88

MattB88

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: LowEnd basses, DR Strings, Warm Audio, Shaw Audio
    I must say I’m shocked these basses didn’t make it. I recently picked up an American Deluxe V HH version. It’s absolutely killer.

B8288D8B-6D5D-4A2C-B49C-DBE79E0C0248.jpeg

Zach77 and KUETSUM like this.
  4. Zach77

Zach77

Mar 13, 2018
    Virginia
    Just picked one up. Amazing, for sure!

5. John Freeman

John Freeman Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    They didn’t get much consideration because they are not a P or J. Most of the criticism was from people who never played them and never gave them a chance. It’s a shame really. They are nice and the ones I played sounded very good.

GodsLove66 and Zach77 like this.
  6. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    My single H Dimension is a nice variant on the 3EQ Stingray sound. If I crank up the treble, cut some mids and boost some bass, it gets much closer to a typical Stingray sizzle boom tone.

Zach77 likes this.