1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Geddy Lee w/ CS 60s pups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gin, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    Anyone got audio samples of this modification? I've searched everywhere, but only found written reviews, I want to hear it to see if it's worth the upgrade. Thanks!

2. pbassturk

pbassturk

Jun 22, 2008
    georgia
    do you have a Geddy Lee J-bass?

3. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    Yeah I do, why?

4. pbassturk

pbassturk

Jun 22, 2008
    georgia
    I play one too and love the damn thing.

5. pbassturk

pbassturk

Jun 22, 2008
    georgia
    how are the Cs 60s different from stock?

6. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    They're supposed to have more mid range and growl, so im just looking for anyone on TB here for audio samples.

7. Hi,

i allegedly have a set of Custom Shop 60's. I say allegedly cos thats what the guy told me when i bought the bass althought there is nothing to distinguish the PuPs as Custom Shop 60's.

After playing the CS 60's through my old amp (which was a dull Hartke) i decided that they weren't for me and ripped them out for a set of quarter pounders. Now that i have changed my amp to Little Mark i am getting curious as to how the Custom Shop 60's might sound. I can't imagine that they would growl more than the quarter pounders though which are really quite aggressive and need a bit of taming (thats the fun bit though).