1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Jaguar Fixes

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Dubadays, May 15, 2011.

1. Dubadays

Dubadays

Apr 4, 2009
    Sign in to disble this ad
    So, for a while now, my Jag has been having the horrid problem of buzzing that is so common. So, I went to fix it using the common copper shielding fix. Me being the horrible person with electronics that I am, it didn't work. After I did this "fix" I noticed that my bass was having HORRIBLE tone issues, and what I came to find out was that the Tone pot was essentially stuck, and so I'm getting horrid sound from it. Long story short, our local guitar guru tells me that I need to replace the pots. So, like I said, I have NO clue when it comes to electronics, so are the pots I would buy just standard Fender issue, or is it more specific than that? (a link would be helpful) Also, should I think about replacing the knobs themselves?

2. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    I'm sure someone that knows more can help you better but i know darrenriley.com has all the fender pots you'll ever want along with knobs. But you don't need to replace the knobs, just the pots if that's the problem.