FENDER JAZZ MEXICAN OR USA WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by G&l leo, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    Mia fenders are made in america with higher quality parts and higher quality wood. And since they are made in america the price tag goes up since labor costs arent as cheap as they are in mexico. Mim fenders are usualy hit or miss some are great instraments and some are better suited as paper weights. If your trying to go cheap why not go with the squire vm series. Im very impressed with my vm p bass.

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I just did!:smug:

And yes, it aint right, like internet shouting.:D

3. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    what you on fenderhutz you tool? and why you complain like my mother dude ?

take some pills and have a lie down mate

4. Maybe you would prefer another forum?

5. to The OP: do you really want your questions answered or are you here to just act like an idiot for attention?

Mexican fenders are good quality instruments, however there are many significant differences between that line and the American line. Is the price difference justified? to some it is, to some it isnt but here is the basic rundown:

US fenders have graphite reinforced necks, mexican fenders don't.
    U.S. fenders have upgraded hardware and electronics(pickups, tuners, pots,etc).
    U.S. fenders have supposedly superior woods used, and usually have better fit and finish generally speaking and i think most people here would agree the quality control is better at fender U.S.A, although im not knocking mexican fenders(i own a great MIM jazz bass myself).

If you do a search on this topic you will find hundreds if not thousands of pages of discussion concerning this.

hope this helped...

6. JMDT

JMDT

Jan 30, 2008
    Louisville, Ky
    THE AMERICAN FENDERS ARE CONSTRUCTED FROM BETTER COMPONENTS, BUT THAT DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT ONE WILL BE BETTER THAN ONE MADE IN MEXICO, OR INDONESIA FOR THAT MATTER. DEFINATELY TRY ALL THE FENDERS OUT BEFORE YOU BUY.

7. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    cheers mind eroded

not being a idiot mate but lots of people on here just like to start moaning and getting at me for no reason..im here for the same reasons as them not to cause friction

8. Funkdrawer4

Funkdrawer4 Registered Abuser

I LIKE CAPS THEY ARE EASIER TO SEE.imo

9. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    good answer jmdt thanx

10. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    SO DO I BUT SOME PEOPLE CRY WHEN I USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i wont

11. scuz

scuz You can't be angry ALL the time!

Mar 24, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Seriously, it's pretty childish.

12. JMDT

JMDT

Jan 30, 2008
    Louisville, Ky
    IT'S YOUR THREAD, IF YOU WANT CAPS WRITE IN CAPS. IF THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, THEN THEY ARE ACTING LIKE AN IMMATURE NAZI. SHOUTING MAY BE RUDE IN SOME CIRCLES, BUT WE ARE BASS PLAYERS, WE LIKE IT LOUD!

TO FURTHER ANSWER YOUR FIRST QUESTION, FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE A MODDED AN EXCEPTIONAL MIM WITH A BAII AND SAY NORSDTRAND PICKUPS WILL PROBABLY SMOKE A STOCK MIA, BUT AS ALWAYS YMMV.

13. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    REVOLOUTION AGAINST THOSE WHO OPPOSE CAPS WHO IS WITH ME?

14. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    HERE HERE JMDT

15. I think someone already tried that a while back. I could be wrong, though. To the original question, the other guys pretty much have it covered. I have played some nice MIM Fenders, but the MIA have always seemed more "substantial". I am no Fender expert.

16. Funkdrawer4

Funkdrawer4 Registered Abuser

ReAdY FoR OrDeRs SiR
    fester.gif

17. troyus

troyus

Apr 9, 2008
    San Diego, CA.
    If you are buying online or something get the USA there's a 95% chance it will meet your expectations.

The mexican stuff has like a 70% chance. I would buy the Mexican in person. Some mexican models have USA electronics so it is a moot point.

18. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Great job on this thread, Internet forum user "G&l leo", this thread is so edgy and in my face.

19. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Wow. This thread...delivers? :eyebrow:

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 16, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.