FENDER JAZZ MEXICAN OR USA WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by G&l leo, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    WELL WAHT IS? SHOULD I BUY A MEX AND JUST STICK USA PICKUPS AND A BAD ASS BRIDGE ON? WILL THAT DO THE TRICK??????

2. I THINK YOU HAVE TO RETHINK YOUR WHOLE PLAN AND LEARN ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK FIRST. :)

3. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    why do caps bother you people?

4. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    bloody americans

5. It's the equivalent of internet shouting.

6. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    so? it hardly hurts your ears!

7. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    One's made in Mexico, the other is made in the USA, to start with.

8. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    It's consider'd bad form and impolite.

9. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    well thanks for that sherlock holmes

10. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    you cant put a ' in considered dude! that just aint right

11. kebbs

kebbs Modus vivendi

Aug 30, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Perhaps we can restart this thread tomorrow, when the storm is over...

12. aint :oops:

13. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    [​IMG]

14. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    so anyway now i have leanrt you how to punctuate properly whats the deal?

15. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    well that was a joke but never mind

16. That may help some, but it's still a Mexican Fender. There's a reason why the USA Fenders hold their value. Hardware, woods, finishes, bridge, pups, electronics all across the board you have a better bass. I don't own a Mexican Fender, but I've played a fretless that my friend let me borrow for a couple of months. I mean, it did the job that I needed it to do, so I went out and bought a Squier FVM Fretless which I think is a better bass. Granted, I've replaced the Duncan Designed pups with Bartolini 9J1 L/S's and I threw a '51' bridge cover on it, so it sounds much better; it's still off shore. I also own a '08' MIA Fender Jazz V and as far a comparing the two, there's no comparison, the MIA Fender is so much better.;)

17. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Caps is considered shouting, but mostly it's just hard to read, so people will move on and not respond.

The USA models have a bit more TLC put into them. Cleaner fretwork, better wood selection, better finishes, shielding, setup, hardware. But that said, there are some really nice MIM's that get close to USA models on occasions, whether by accident or some other reason. And there are some USA models that should have Squier on the headstock. Fender has done better as of late, but their QA is still all over the place. Try before you buy.

18. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    thanx vinx for a good non complaining answer....they are hard to find

19. G&l leo

G&l leo

Feb 12, 2008
    cheers eublet

20. With that kind of response you aren't going to get anyone to cooperate and it's disrespectful to the members of this forum.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.