Fender Jazz pickguard

Discussion in 'Ask Doug Johns' started by cyco739z, May 18, 2013.

1. cyco739z

cyco739z

Mar 25, 2013
    Boston
    Boston Ma.
    Hope this is the right place to post this. Can anyone please help? I have a Fender Jazz Geddy Lee and wanted to know if a pickguard from any jazz will fit. I mean the screw holes. I dont wanna put new holes in the body. Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    I'm sure Doug will be right along.... sheesh

3. Count the screw holes. If you have 10, you can use any other pickguard for the Jazz, with 10. I would check th fender site.

4. Don41_2

Don41_2 Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2012
    AZ
    You should move this into the Basses Forum. However, no not any jazz pickguard will work. The geddy lee is a unique design. Also, that pickguard changed in 2010.

Try this: http://www.wdmusic.com/pickguard_jbgl_300.html

5. cyco739z

cyco739z

Mar 25, 2013
    Boston
    Boston Ma.
    thanks. I bought a standard and it fit perfect less the screwhole above the neck pup which is unnessasary.

6. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    There really should be a sticky at the top of each Pro's board that explains what type of questions are appropriate.

I look at it as more a chance to interact with these guys and ask about technique, gigging maybe business stuff.

If you find yourself in the room with [insert your favorite Pro bassist here], are you really gonna ask him what pickguard will fit your bass?

I think the top forum title "Ask a Pro!" sort of invites these random questions. Something like "Pro's Corner" would be more appropriate.

See this sticky that Justin posted on his board:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f194/please-read-before-posting-773838/

7. cyco739z

cyco739z

Mar 25, 2013
    Boston
    Boston Ma.
    Ya, well I asked in May and was fairly new to Talkbass which I guess I still am and was looking for a answer to a question that was important for me to finishing a build. I DID start the question by stating " I'm not sure if this is or isnt the right place to ask and forgive me if it isnt" or somethin like that. I did read past "ask a pro" threads which seemed to be littered with less important B.S.
    So for those who had to struggle through reading my non technical question, again, my apologies. It was ignored for the most part anyway.
    Now that I am more familiar with appropriate post locations, The mistake wont be made again. I will look in from afar to read all of the technique and buisness questions and the answers that follow.
    Oh, by the way... The Standard Jazz pickguard fits the G.L. Jazz :)