Fender JP 90 club?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Geroi Asfalta, Apr 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. A small but powerful # of insane bassists :)

--- HNBD report to come later!!!!

larrysb and Picton like this.
  2. well its here....... its a little rough -- needs a set up for sure -- and the neck needs a tweak.... cleaning up and new strings planned for the holiday weekend.
    BUT happy to report nothing SCARY -- some dings and bashes from real world use, -- this was NO CASE QUEEN--but that just ads MOJO right ;)

Nice Schaller branded tuners---fully functioning EMGS W/ the battery pack on the BACK of the body like its supposed to be... . looks like a pro install.

more to come as I unravel the mysteries of the JP-90!!!!

dbassd and Picton like this.
  3. Picton

Picton

Aug 16, 2017
    Reading, MA
    Yay!

I've got mine in my lap even as I type. I've got better basses, objectively, but this one always draws me back.

4. took a chance to peer under the hood (and replace the dry rotted pup adjust foam) and the PG is definitely a WD customs affair (sticker loud and proud underneath lol) --pups are at the right height ------
    now I just need my new TUSQ XL nut tomorrow and it will be a FLOOR SHAKIN weekend!

5. new foam under pups -- new MISFITS SKULL BUSTER strings .........new tusq nut .... all dialed in tweaked to taste ..... and ILL BE DAMNED this thing BOOMS! -- I believe its a KEEPER ;)

Picton likes this.
  6. Picton

Picton

Aug 16, 2017
    Reading, MA
    GREAT to hear!

Literally.

I've got a couple of Jazzes, various countries and various eras, and I don't own a faster neck than my JP90. It's got a great little niche in my collection.

BamaBird likes this.
  7. Yep -- its a winner-- fast playable and a unique voice thanks to the EMGs !! --

8. A little late to the response (just got my JP a couple weeks ago) I pulled off a TUSQ QL PT-1214-00 jazz bass nut-- had to "tweak" to flavor but it works great

9. larrysb

larrysb

Mar 23, 2020
    $ilicon Valley

The GraphTech PT-1215-00 is the right size for the JP90. J-bass nuts come in different sizes, the narrow one is what you want on the JP-90. The 1214 fits the slightly wider variant of the J-bass nuts.

10. worked....took some sanding -- but it fit

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021