Fender Massive Passive

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Funky-Wunky, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Here's my latest brainstorm. I want to find some kind of a Fender bass with a P/J pickup configuration and upgrade the pickups. Something that is passive with a big, fat, and round tone. Obviously if the pickup can supply other attributes such as punchy mids and highs, so much the better. Not to dis active pickups, I just want a good reliable bass that never needs a battery for old school R&B, motown, country. I know some of you all have used different pickups and upgrades. Any advice or suggestions? ;)
  2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Have you tried a search? There are a myriad of threads available for what you are describing: a fender-style bass with P-J pickups. Your question isn't very specific at all, which generally means you'd do best to read up on prior threads, because there's a lot of info here on TB if you can dig through it.

PS I just got a set of used Lindy Fralins in J-J form and they're pretty rockin. Definitely a solid passive pickup, heavy on the vintage vibe, they say
  3. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Source Audio, Hipshot
    I'm planning on buying an SX jazz and upgrading the pups... but I don't know to what yet. SX's are very highly recommended around here... check 'em out www.rondomusic.com