1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender MIA Jazz V, Candy Cola / Maple, 2012: near mint SHIPPED!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ShirazBop, Dec 16, 2016.

1. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Price:
    $1000-$1040
    Strings:
    Picked up my 3rd (and lightest) Fender P5 here recently that I may convert to a P/J V and I've got both fretted and fretless 4 string P/J's. With that being the case, this J5 is just too pretty to sit in her case so am offering her up for an out right sale. Really do not need anything that I would consider trading her for. After owning 6 other J basses previously (and all subsequently sold), you would think I would accept that I am truly a dyed in the wool Precision player!

Completely stock Fender Made in America Standard Jazz V. Very balanced at 9.75 lbs on a FedEx digital scale. Comes with case candy/hang tags, all the goodies in the excellent condition factory TSA case. A couple bonuses with this sale for a different look will be:
    • black pearloid pick guard from WD Music with some light surface scratching.
    • 3 New authentic Fender Barrel P-Bass / Tele knobs
    I have her strung with Sadowsky Blue nickels top loaded on EADG and running through the body (alla Mike Lull) on the low B and she plays like butta!

Has some very nice grain patterning on the fretboard and the back of the neck that I have tried to show clearly. Fretwork and rolled edged on these maple necks are wonderful!

Really do NOT want to sell her, but again, I cannot justify having this beautiful instrument that is just not going to be played enough on my watch,...

i-JR8cGLT.jpg

i-mkCMH3z.jpg

i-DRr38W5-X2.jpg

i-mXQ4trS.jpg

i-CxZ8g8p.jpg

i-dxwChb5.jpg
    i-GDKRWq8.jpg

i-TXLCx3T.jpg
    i-TdJXfhF.jpg

i-bjZ6WvP.jpg

IMG_3046-XL.jpg
    For a Christmas Special, I'll throw in a set of Genuine Fender Chrome Barrel knobs for a different look!

Pic from original Talk Bass owner showing black pearloid pick guard installed. Snazzy Jazzy Look!
    i-sVT7cSD-X2.jpg

Additional pics here: http://smu.gs/1aYJfZi

Be sure to select Original Size option for largest image / best resolution.

As shown by the pictures, condition is excellent, as good or better than many new at your local Guitar Center for $1400

Asking **New Price **
    • $1000 shipped FedEx Insured east of the Mississippi,
    • $1040 shipped FedEx Insured west of the Mississippi
    Sorry, Continental U.S. only

I am a trusted seller here:
    i-H7FX2HT.jpg
    and on eBay (Shirazbop 100% rating (130), 20 sales). PM or Email me with any particular questions or photos you might like

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  2. Beautiful bass bro!

All around great person to work with here folks and an awesome player!

GLWTS!

ShirazBop likes this.
  3. resinboy

resinboy

Dec 11, 2006
    Latham, ny
    Had this exact model and color new when I tried learning 5 string. Two years later learned to play a 5er . Wish I had it back lol. Great sounding bass.

ShirazBop likes this.
  4. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Ha! My 1st 5 stringer that I learned on was a 2011 P5 in the EXACT same color combination,... This was the 2nd 5er that I picked up. Thanks for the props! Agree, they are great sounding instruments!

5. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Thank You Jim. Thank you again for selling me the lighter Black and Maple P5 that I'm thinking will get a Bill Lawrence J45 Bridge pickup installed. Got the black pick guard and the 3-way Blade switch in already.

jmbjandfam likes this.
  6. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    PM's replied,...

7. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    My old bass?

ShirazBop likes this.
  8. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Yes sir,...She's as clean as when you shipped her to me,... an Absolutely beautiful instrument as you well know!

Hope you've been doing well!

Doug Parent likes this.
  9. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Thank you well indeed....good luck with the sale. If I recall that bass sets up nicely and plays very well, and the tone is excellent.

ShirazBop likes this.
  10. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Doug, thanks for the props,... Its actually got the best set up of all my 5ers, Sounds like a Fender should and plays beautifully!

11. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    PM replied,.. if I might be so bold as to claim,...prettiest Fender J5 in the TB Classifieds! :smug:

12. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    PM replied,...

13. Joeynone

Joeynone The Neon Skyline Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    To all who look at this. I couldn't vouch anymore for @ShirazBop. He is an unbelievably guy and when he says his basses are 'excellent' you maybe surprised to find out its actually pristine and set up PERFECTLY. Buy this bass

ShirazBop and jmbjandfam like this.
  14. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks for the Props @Joeynone and Happy New Year to You Kind Sir!

This one IS a goodie and will make someone very very happy!

Cheers,
    Rob

jmbjandfam likes this.
  15. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    PM replied with a couple pics that have been uploaded to the SmugMug photo gallery

16. wushuguy

wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    PM sent.

17. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    and just replied Kind Sir!

18. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    ....,and SOLD!!!

Shipping to her new loving home later today! :thumbsup:

jmbjandfam likes this.
  19. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Grrrrrr. I should have grabbed this one :banghead:

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021