1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender MIJ

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markdavid, Mar 12, 2009.

1. markdavid

markdavid

Jun 29, 2007
    Hi all ,

This is not a question asking about the quality of the MIJ basses (for once) , basically my question is this...
    I have a MIJ Jazz bass that I brought used , I have seen the MIA Fenders sold as Fender American Series and I have seen the MIM basses being sold as Fender Standard but I have never actually seen a "Standard" MIJ Jazz or Precision , where do the MIJ's fit in to the range? :confused:

2. basadam

basadam

Nov 29, 2005
    That depends. Some MIJ (or CIJ) models are manufatured to be sold in Japan only, so if you don't live in Japan you are not supposed hear about them. The current production line includes, AFAIK, standard series, reissue series, DiMarzio collection, and some others I probably do not know. You may have one of these.

There are also models to be exported, like Geddy Lee, Marcus Miller sig basses, or Aerodyne series.

If you have picture of your bass, or a better desciption, or at least the serial number, you'll get more help.

3. Fender "Standard" instruments are now made in Mexico. Before that they were made in Korea and before that, in Japan.