1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Modern Player Short Scale

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MakoMan, Dec 9, 2011.

1. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Any rumors of a short scale Fender Modern Player model? I love the jaguar and telecaster basses they've released but would kill for a short scale Modern Player Jag or Mustang.
    Would love the standard Mustang but it's a stretch for me financially at the moment.
    I already have a Squire short scale Jag, which is a fantastic instrument, but I have a bit of a craving for a bass with 'Fender' on the headstock. Call me a poser :D

2. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    As per the first post, I already have a Squier short scale bass.

3. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Banned Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    Poser..... :D :cool:

4. BassJo

BassJo

Dec 22, 2008
    Norway
    I would also love the Modern Player Jag as a short scale. Mainly because I prefer maple fretboards, but a Fender logo wouldn't hurt either... light poser.

5. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

The Fender MP stuff is made in China, just like the Squier CV or VM lines... buy the Squier Mustang and slap a Fender decal on the headstock. By putting Fender on it, they're just able to charge a little more, which is still a fantastic price for the purported quality.

Or, wait for a beat to crap old Mustang or Musicmaster to come up used.

6. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    I've already waited long enough LOL!

7. DHart

DHart

Jun 30, 2014
    I have just received word directly from Fender corporate offices regarding the availability of the Fender Modern Player Short Scale Bass in the USA. I asked about the veracity of the rumor that the bass may not be offered in the USA. This was Fender's response:

"Hi Don,

It is a VERY cool instrument!

They will be available in the US! It is simply the fact that dealers in the UK have begun advertising early, and will receive them first, that has fueled this rumor."

Malak the Mad likes this.