1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Original '62 P Bass Pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BassJunkie13, Mar 18, 2008.

1. BassJunkie13

BassJunkie13

Feb 19, 2008
    California
    Anyone ever heard one of these? I wanted to upgrade my P-bass so I could have a good J and P. Not sure if its worth it, if the pickups are good I would get them.Its for a squier p-bass.

2. jrfrond

jrfrond

Jul 11, 2006
    NYC
    Tech Director, dBm Pro Audio Services, New York
    The Original '62 is a good, affordable P-Bass pickup that does what it says it does: provides that great basic P-Bass tone. If you have an American Fender bass, you will probably not notice much of a difference, but you will with all of the ceramic pickup imports from Fender and other knockoffs.

3. It's a great pickup. I guess it's wound to vintage specs, but I don't know. All I know is that it sounds very, very good to me. Like a precision bass should.