Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender rack tuners

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Dec 11, 2004.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    well ive read a lot of things about korg rack tuners being too accurate. and after trying them, i whold heartedly agree. but what about the fender rack tuners? any better or worse?

2. b3zsgirl

b3zsgirl

Jun 16, 2004
    Houston, TX
    What do you mean by too accurate? I get really picky about tuners being dead on. Is it that it tunes it off of what the rest of the band is doing?

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    no it just hops and skips all around the green light when your pretty much dead on anyway. ist a real pain in the arse. boss pedal tuners are much easier to use.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Tuners on their way to misc. :)

5. b3zsgirl

b3zsgirl

Jun 16, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Man...that is why I couldn't find that thread. I would have put this in setups myself.

Did you give it a few seconds to settle in good? I have always been told that the more sensitive tuners need a couple of seconds of vibration to really get a feel for where the string tone truly is. It has something to do with the wave length of the low end sound (it takes longer to settle in on the E or B than the G). That is what I hate about my zoom pedal tuner. It does the same thing, and takes forever to settle in. I have the two edged sword of perfect pitch and it drives me up the wall when something is off just slightly. If I tune in a noisy environment with it, it is off because the tuner is all over the map, I am in a hurry and I want it PERFECT..... :mad:

Okay...that is another thing all together, sorry.

I heard the fender rack tuners are not as bad, but I have not seen one in action. I can usually talk one of the guys down at GCtr or the local shops into letting me mess with something like that a few times and think on it.

I think I am finding tuners are more personal than strings. I really like the pedal tuners best myself, so good to know the boss works out well. I like being able to look down after I play a while just in case something worked lose. If I had a bass tech perhaps I would feel differently about the rack one. :D

6. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    no kidding about the techs.

yea im gonna stick to pedal tuners, but thanks for your help.