1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rascal Bridge Saddles

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheTwotakesbass, Dec 28, 2017.

1. TheTwotakesbass

TheTwotakesbass

Dec 28, 2017
    Hey guys, please excuse my lack of knowledge in the technical realm of bass bridges, but I was wondering if someone could help me with a question about saddles. I have a Fender Rascal bass which has the Guild Starfire bass bridge on it. I absolutely love this bass and bridge but the saddles keep dropping during gigs, sometimes to the point where a string will almost touch the fret board. I'm guessing the posts they're sitting on are just stripped out, so I'm wondering if I should just replace those posts or replace the saddles all together? I'm open to any input on the matter and would definitely appreciate links to the parts you recommend if you have any so I'm not guessing as far as what to get to remedy the situation. Thank you in advance for any help! upload_2017-12-28_10-52-5.

2. Some transparant nail varnish or white wood glue work great as a thread-sealant for those occasions. Remove the screws, give it a drop of varnish, retread to the correct height and let it set for a few hours. That way they'll stay locked in position, but can still be adjusted later if needed.

Dadagoboi likes this.
  3. TheTwotakesbass

TheTwotakesbass

Dec 28, 2017
    Awesome thank you! I'll give that a try asap.