Fender replacement neck fit on Squier Classic Vibe ( Tele/'50s )

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SonnyBassPlayer, May 7, 2021.

1. SonnyBassPlayer

SonnyBassPlayer

Nov 29, 2013
    Italy
    Good day,

I'm looking for some information regarding this very neck sold by Fender
    Fender® 1951 Precision Bass® Neck | Parts

Screenshot (397).png

I just got a used Squier Classic Vibe '50s (2020) P bass and the neck is probably shot since the truss rod won't have any effect on the curvature.
    Since I bought this bass to be in C tuning, I could solve the problem by using almost standard gauge strings, which would put very little force over the neck, being tuned two steps down and call it a day the cheapest way.
    Clearly the thought of not being able to play it in standard if I wanted or to fine tune the setup is very annoying.
    Of course I bought it used quite cheap so returning is not an option.

The point is that I'm thinking about the chance of upgrading it with a better neck since I really like the bass apart from this deadly problem and I can't find the Fender neck heel measures anywhere and I'm not really into taking another chance.

Did anyone do the same swap? Anyone got a contact I could ask this info to? I already wrote to an Italian dealer selling this very neck and they can't get me the info....

2. Cloven Hoof

Cloven Hoof Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2021
    Texas
    This is a usa fender jazz fretless neck that fits on usa precision and jazz. I have never put this in squire nor put a tele neck in squire but here are some rough measurements in millimeters for a reletive reference. Wish I had an exact answer, but this is all I can do
    20210508_195310.jpg 20210508_195559.jpg 20210508_195734.jpg 20210508_195803.jpg 20210508_195831.jpg

3. AboutSweetSue

AboutSweetSue

Sep 29, 2018
    It’ll very likely fit. I’ve swapped about twelve Fender style necks around in my day onto Squier, Fender, Mighty Mite, Warmoth, and no name Fender styled bodies. They all fit.

4. Problem with this neck is a square heel, won’t fit in the neck pocket. Regular Fender necks should be fine. I just put a replacement Fender neck on a Squier VM body, no problems.

5. Square heel, problem ?

Squier Classic Vibe 50's.

343951-0374500503_gtr_frt_001_rr1.jpg

6. AboutSweetSue

AboutSweetSue

Sep 29, 2018
    You could look into adding washers to the truss rod. Sounds like you’ve maxed the threads on your truss rod, adding washers will give you additional room to straighten the neck out.

Edit: Looks like Fender actually sells washers for this specific purpose, but I imagine you could simply go to a hardware store and fish out the appropriate size.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  7. Oops. Misread post

kodiakblair likes this.
  8. All good , there's nobody born never misread a post sometime :thumbsup:

rockinrayduke likes this.
  9. dannylectro

dannylectro Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Interesting thread. I too have a Squier CV 50 and was thinking of swapping in that very neck. I’m not a fan of the finish of the Squier neck even after knocking it down fairly aggressively with ScotchBrite pads, and, well, the Fender headstock… :)

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021