Fender ''Rumble 15'' Bass Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mingmong, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Mingmong

Mingmong

Sep 21, 2009
    Ayone any idea what this is like as a practice amp. I've heard some mixed reviews. Any info would be great. Cheers.

2. toomanybasses

toomanybasses

Feb 20, 2009
    I have one that and it is a fine practice amp, perhaps a little to much money for what it is but a great amp non the less.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It's the bottom tier of the smallest bass amps, no better or worse than any little small speakered, small powered combo amps. Best to use your ears when choosing one of these little guys. One thing's for sure, outside your bedroom, it's useless for anything other than quiet practice. (I believe the 15 in it's name is for the wattage, not the speaker size)- If you're wanting something to jam with, look for something bigger, but if all you need's a home practice amp, this one's ok.

4. it's great as a home practice amp but for any kind of band practice that is at all louder than a coffee shop acoustic setup it won't cut it - against a loud drummer or guitarist it gets lost in the mix very fast

5. kylerrini

kylerrini

Feb 8, 2011
    Canton, OH
    I own one. It's great for jamming in the bedroom. Has nice easy Aux in for clicks/scratch tracks. The low end obv. is not the best since it's only coming through an 8" driver.

6. Batmensch

Batmensch

Jul 4, 2010
    Media, PA.
    I like mine. The only thing I might add to what's already been said, it seems to be solidly built, and at $99 bucks new, not a bad bargain. Not exactly the best possible tone in the world, at 15 watts it's definitely not useful for plying out except for maybe accompanying unamped acoustic stuff, but as a practice amp, it does just fine.

7. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    FWIW, $100 (or less) will get you some pretty decent USED 30-50 watt, 10+" speaker practice amps that have a bit more usefulness and much better sound quality ... just another viewpoint ...:)

8. BassNoob1

BassNoob1

Dec 18, 2010
    Totally agreed. I only have one because it came with my first bass in a $300 bundle (Squier P-Bass). It has great tone, but I wouldn't recommend putting that kind of money into a practice amp.

9. WackoStu

WackoStu

Dec 6, 2010
    Sturtevant WI
    Have one. It was my first amp. Played it for 2 months, and needed more boom and tone, so I moved up to a 100watt amp. What a difference. IMHO, if I had to do it all over again, my first amp would have at least a 30W. You get a better feel for what your bass sounds like when it's not held back.

10. Martin89

Martin89

Nov 8, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    They're good practice amps and little coffee house acoustic sets but as others had mentioned you can have a lot of options on used amps for that price.

11. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    For my practice/lesson amp, I am using a tiny Roland Micro Cube bass amp. It will even run on batteries. I've used in to play in acoustic jams, and was asked to turn down (it's on 5w for goodness sake, how loud could it have been).

For my lessons it's perfect. It's got a built in tuner, drum machine, effects, and amp modeling. It allows input from an external source.

You're not going to gig with it (unless you use it as an effect box and output to a larger amp) but it works great for practice. Only weighs a few pounds (I can carry it with my pinky finger).

Don't expect to use it with a drummer or electric guitar, but for solo practice, it's perfect.

12. I have one. Pretty good little amp. I picked it up at a pawn shop for like 60 bucks still with stickers on it. For what it is, it does its job just fine. I've brought it with me to some acoustic performances without vocal or guitar amplification. I use it when I give lessons too. For practice purposes, you can't go wrong with it.

13. locriansharpsec

locriansharpsec

Jan 12, 2009
    Is this a 15 watt Rumble or 15" speaker?
    I have a Fender Rumble "100 watt" with a 15" speaker that I found on Craigslist for $100 which is great for practicing at home. Ive seen these selling for over $300 in stores. Buy used and you can find some great deals and get more watts for your bucks! 15 watts just doesnt really cut it for bass IMO even for practicing at home.

14. Electricblue

Electricblue

Feb 1, 2011
    Norfolk
    I would get atleast 30.

10" speakers are generally the smallest speakers used for bass.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2022