1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Fender Select Body; Fender Mark Hoppus Neck. Both Loaded.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Fleebag, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Fleebag

Fleebag Quacker! Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    Price:
    $280-$435
    The body is from 2012 Fender Select in two tone sunburst with flamed maple cap. I got this used on a trade about 2 years ago. Has a few dings shown in the pics. Previous owner replaced the pick guard, original unavailable. Dunlop dual straplocks. Levy's wide strap with Dunlop straplocks included. $435.00 body only, shipped.

The neck is from a 2012 Mark Hoppus signature model, p-bass width, very dark fretboard. Great shape, no dents or dings, no fret wear. The original tuners were replaced with a lighter set from a 2006 Am. Std. Jazz, fender stealth a-string retainer (see pics). $280.00 neck only, shipped.

Not interested in any trades. Not parting out, loaded body, loaded neck only. Discount on purchase of both and/or local pickup (north Chicago subs), pm me. The LaBella quarter rounds on it now will be included if you purchase whole instrument. Shipping to U.S. lower 48 paypal addresses only.

Edit: forgot to mention that it also comes with a spare b/w/b 3-ply pickguard.

bass3.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    d00dr likes this.
  2. D M Lutz

D M Lutz Banned

Sep 11, 2017
    Denver, CO.
    This is 1-5/8" nut width?

3. Fleebag

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    Yes it is.

D M Lutz likes this.
  4. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Not very familar with the Mark Hoppus neck. How would you decide the profile? I know it's 1 5/8" width, but, what's the the thickness like at the first fret? Is it chucky / thick or on the thin side?

5. Fleebag

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    Compared to the standard mim neck it's slightly chunkier for sure, closer to a "c" shape.

6. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks!

7. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    What's the weight on the loaded body?

8. Fleebag

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    The whole instrument weighs in at 8lb 1oz, I'm not going to tear it down just yet in case someone wants it locally, but I'd guess 4.5 -5 pounds.

Edit: I read the scale reading wrong, it actually weighed in at 8lb 10oz which would probably put the body around 5-5.5 pounds.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    StrangerDanger likes this.
  9. garytone

garytone

Nov 26, 2011
    Indiana
    I like the looks of it.

Does it have the original pickup from the Select body? What would you say about how the bass sounds?

10. Fleebag

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    The pickup is original. I don't have a highly developed ear but it sounds a bit less muddy than other pbasses I've owned which could be attributed to a slightly hotter pickup, or the maple cap, otherwise it sound like...... a pbass! :woot:

11. garytone

garytone

Nov 26, 2011
    Indiana
    Thanks.

Looks like a lot of bass here, and for a very reasonable price.

12. Fleebag

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    Indeed, I know a guy who's selling one ;)

garytone likes this.