1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender squire jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by albassjames, Nov 13, 2018.

1. albassjames

albassjames

Sep 4, 2018
    Hello everyone I'm thinking of buying ,,but not to sure I've got very wide fingers ,with it only having a slim arm or neck ?oh it's all body parts.....

2. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    1) try before you buy
    2) it's Squier, not Squire

gepettus and Rocker47 like this.
  3. Yes, try before you buy. Quality control on squier can be a bit spotty. You may be more comfortable on a precision bass, they are a little wider.

4. albassjames

albassjames

Sep 4, 2018
    Hello yes your right I've had a few precisions before ,but I've been told you get a better mid range on a jazz

5. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Clearly your take away from this thread should be, it doesn't matter what you buy, but you damn well better spell Squire correctly.

6. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Is it too late to urge you trying an instrument before buying or perhaps it can’t be said enough?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  7. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    And you didn't. :D

To the OP, anyone will tell you the Precision-type basses will give you better mid response. The two single-coil pickups on the Jazz-type basses usually scoop the mids.

operagost likes this.
  8. Check on a Fender. It would be worth saving a few $ and getting one. trust me,,,spoken from a previous Squier owner, will not be making excuses or convincing others that the squier is OK

mdogs likes this.
  9. VeejayVeejay

VeejayVeejay

Oct 22, 2014
    Seattle
    Ok so piling on here guys. I have a 1994 MIM Jazz Bass with a thin skinny neck that was fun back in the day but my late 40's arthritic linebacker hands do not like. I am looking to pull the Bartolini's out of it and put them in a jazz bass with a neck that is closer to the size and profile of my classic MM Stigray. I dont see myself doing a lot with this bass, I want something that is a Jazz bass and I dont want to pull the neck off of my '94 Jazz. Any suggestions I dont want to spend more than $500 on this. Help me!