1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Super Bassman carry case

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jobbermania, Sep 16, 2017.

1. jobbermania

jobbermania Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Philadelphia PA
    I'm looking for a recommendation for a plastic tool box type case in which to transport a Fender Super Bassman head.
    Not looking for the traditional road case.
    I searched around on TB but have not found anything at this point.
    I have seen recommendations for cases like this for other gear such as the Ampeg PF50t.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    FSBs weigh 65lbs. What type of plastic can hold that weight?

3. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    I had a padded cover made for mine. Didn't want to add to the weight and it works a treat since the SB chassis is pretty solid anyway.

FronTowardEnemy likes this.
  4. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    Yep, I have a padded cover for mine as well. Works great for keeping it in nice cosmetic shape. I have had my SB for over a year and a half and it has been all over the Chicagoland area. I am the only one who handles my gear though.

5. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Tuki padded cover for mine. But you might try Home Depot for a large heavy duty plastic tool box with wheels and handle. That is what I carry my PA head and all the PA cables in. Very convenient and my SB could fit in there.