Fender Trapper Bass Distortion Club-ish

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BunchyMutt, Nov 3, 2020.

1. BunchyMutt

BunchyMutt Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    I'm excited about this pedal. It looks cool and I like the description.

Is it being released this month and do some vendors already have it in stock? Yes and yes.

Are there demo vids or sound samples? No.

Is the name shared with another dirt pedal that Fender is currently offering and still sorta rolling out? Yes.

All that aside, I'm starting this thread to consolidate demo vids and sound samples, talk about favorite settings, and all that.

To start off, since I don't think there's anything else out there yet, who's ordered one?

Correlli likes this.
  2. Evil_Druid

Evil_Druid

May 9, 2016
    San Diego
    Interesting, I looked for videos and thought it had a different name originally, but it looks like they reused the box and knobs from the MTG:LA for this new bass distortion

BunchyMutt likes this.
  3. BunchyMutt

Jul 3, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    The Trapper is now in stock at online retailers. Still no demo videos

4. Le beau JP

Le beau JP

Jan 24, 2020
    Granby, Quebec
    i am very curious about that!! According to the controls on it and the descriptions we can read it seems like a real contender against some Darkglass stuff.

I actually love the Fender Downtown Express distortion , as much as my Microtubes X. But it cuts a little low end that makes it less usable in live or jam sessions. I am really looking forward to see demos of the Trapper Bass Distortion.

Anybody could show us?? It seems to be available already in Europe...here in Canada, no one knows when they re gonna have it in store.

5. subbed!

BunchyMutt likes this.
  6. jcerio

jcerio Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    subbed

BunchyMutt likes this.
  7. Looking forward to a sound demo!

8. EncoremMP

EncoremMP

May 24, 2017
    San Antonio
    Looking forward to hearing/seeing demos too. I see that Sweetwater has them in stock , yet the Fender site has no mention (that I could find) of it existing. Was hoping to find the manual there.

Correlli and BunchyMutt like this.
  9. BunchyMutt likes this.
  10. BunchyMutt

Jul 3, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Is there anyone on TB who’s associated with fender that could shed some light on the Trapper?

11. BunchyMutt

Jul 3, 2014
    Nashville, TN
  12. EncoremMP

EncoremMP

May 24, 2017
    San Antonio
    My understanding is that you can use them independently or layer them. Therefore the two separate "on/off" switches for each one.

From the manual "Featuring two separate and stackable distortion circuits"

13. Fender just released a demo!

FilterFunk, Nunovsky, Zymba and 2 others like this.
  14. Le beau JP

Le beau JP

Jan 24, 2020
    Granby, Quebec
    Was about time!!!

BunchyMutt likes this.
  15. In my opinion, this pedal doesn't sound like a DarkGlass killer. It is more tube-drive oriented.

BrentSimons and Le beau JP like this.
  16. Le beau JP

Le beau JP

Jan 24, 2020
    Granby, Quebec
    Yesss actually i am a bit underwhelmed.
    I will still give it a try in store. I wish it would have had a more organic sound. A clearer tone.
    But watching the video again , i have to admit that the Dist 2 channel at low gain setting seems pretty darn good actually!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    FaithNoMan likes this.
  17. stonehenge

stonehenge Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Duvall WA
    well the Rumble 800 sounds good in this video, the pedal not so much

BrentSimons likes this.
  18. EncoremMP

EncoremMP

May 24, 2017
    San Antonio
    Yea, I'm a little disappointed here. Definitely some usable fuzz (to an extent), but nothing more and not really hearing anything I like. It did sound better near the end and in the mix with the drum track.

stonehenge and BrentSimons like this.
  19. I went to Youtube to watch the video. I happened to see a new Darkglass video which I watched straight after. I thought Fender is missing an opportunity with the Bass Trapper.

20. Zymba

Zymba Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I thought there were some good sounds in that clip. I'm not sure why the Darkglass comparisons. Someone mentioned that the demo didn't sound "organic", which I would completely disagree with, but everyone hears things differently. By comparison I find Darkglass stuff to sound as synthetic as literally any dirt pedal I've ever played through. This new Fender box looks promising.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021