1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mathanmlb55, Apr 10, 2010.

1. mathanmlb55

mathanmlb55

Mar 14, 2010
    Im looking at getting a new bass, and of course after many i sure do love my fenders, i am just wondering what fender will give me the bassiest sound. I want a low growl, and i know that comes from my amp too, but i want to know what fender bass has the best low ends

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I find their electric bass has the best lows.

3. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Yup.

4. mathanmlb55

mathanmlb55

Mar 14, 2010
    I know that, but i was wondering if a jaguar had more than a jazz, or a precision, or which has the best

5. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    The best lows come from women. The best highs do too, though. I see your dilemma.

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Go play them and I'm sure you'll find out which bass can do what.

7. Try the basses out first, you'll never know unless you search and make the decision for yourself. You can really make jazz basses growl, however many of them sound different. Go look for the bass that suites your tonal needs.

8. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Fenders are it , the best !!! Why is it that they are copied all of the time ? Recent purchases Amer P Bass V, Road Worn P and a Deluxe Amer P Bass 4 string. Just like Alcohol( don't drink anymore) like good whisky not watered down light beer. You won't return them. Again , everytime you see a high priced bass that is not a Fender, it looks or sounds like one. I have a Squire bass which is the poor cousin of the Fender. $199 right out of the box, sounds great and if it gets stolen or chopped up for firewood, whew at least it
    wasn't one of my real Fenders!!!!!

9. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    You want a Fender with deep lows and a nice growl, get a G&L.

10. duderasta

duderasta

Feb 25, 2010
    Tampa, FL

lol but true!

A jazz with Nordstrands wired in series?

11. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    That would probably work.

12. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

My 2008 American Standard P bass with the recently installed Nordstrand PU is pretty damned bassy and has huge bottom end.