1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Fiat Lux"....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by pmaraziti, Oct 10, 2010.

1. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    Yesterday we were getting ready for the third gig with my new band. It's a synth rock type of band if you want to get an idea, we play only originals and I have a lot of fun becuase it's my first band where I'm authorised to make heavy usage of my pedlaboard.

We were due to play in a mid-small bar with other 2 bands that I didn't know, but when I met they were good fun, especially I got along very well with the bass players. We decided upfront to share all the amps and drums, so I had promised to take my rig with me. I went for the smaller Markbass Tube800 + 2x Mesa Powerhouse 112. I'm getting older and moving even this small rig is becoming more tiring, especially I noticed yesterday that new flat we moved in, has a lot of unavoidable stairs and you can park too close to the building so even if I had my loyal cart with me, I had to lift everything on my own. Not too bad, but when I think that I have also a Bergantino HS410... well

Anyway we went through sound check, each band had some time to Eq volumes. I really didn't like the sound, no matter what I was doing I sounded a bit too boomy and there was no way I could hear myself well (Yes, I played with mids but didn't find a good sound yesterday).

Fast forwarding a couple of hours, we were ready for the show. The first band comes on stage, all amps were on, instruments plugged... as the band leader says "guys ... ready to rock?" a strange electric noise goes on and the voltage drops with light going down and after 2 seconds, the light goes off.... the people laugh and starts to play joke on the band as the bar owner rush for the electric panel. Soo after we realize that all the block is without light including the street ...completely dark. We decide to wait bu 90 mins after, no sign of improvement... the gig is canceled... big bummer...I collect my stuff and back again to my place, carrying the babies upstairs again!

2. Throckmorten

Throckmorten

Aug 3, 2006
    Central NY
    Fiat Lux. Isn't that Latin for "car wash"?

3. m_bisson

m_bisson

May 26, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    lmfao!!!