Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Final

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well, as some of you regulars know, about a year and a half ago, I got blind-sided. My wife of 13 years walked into a gig in between sets and announced that she had moved out, and that she wanted a divorce. No warning, no discussion, no nothing.

I won't say that it was the "perfect marriage", but I had always thought it was a strong one, and that the problems we had would be worked out with time, because I thought we truly were meant for each other.

Apparantly, I was the only person that thought so.

As of this morning, I am no longer legally married, the divorce is final.

:(

It isn't all sad, I can get on with my life now, it is an official ending, and I'm no longer breaking the law when I spend time with my very wonderful new girlfriend and her two kids. ;) So, there is an upside, a silver lining.

Anyhow, I'm sure that most of y'all won't give a hoot, but a few of you probably were curious as to how things were going for me, and now ya know.

:)

2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    we love ya big guy

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, some women are crazy. Quite a few of them, really. But it is good that things have been put away. Good luck with your new freedom :)

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Gard,
    while I've never been through a divorce, I've been through some very painful breakups in the past so I sympathize.

And if you're happier now, maybe it was all for the best?

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Concentrate on the silver lining friend :)

6. Best wishes, and peace to you !

:bassist:

7. Gard, I didn't know you'd been through such crap. Hope the bad times are definitely over for you, buddy. Enjoy your new life! :hyper:

Hope the new musical project is going well! :bassist: (Sorry I couldn't find the EUB-playing smilie! :D )

8. Stay happy man.
    :cool:

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Good luck, Gard. And hopefully, you don't lose any of your gear in the process... ;)

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I agree!

Glad to hear that things are looking up in your personal life. Unfortunately, some things do come to an end. But beginnings are nice, too.

What's this about a new musical project?:D

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I hope it all turns out for the best.

:)

12. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    Best wishes mate, glad to hear everythings on the right track!

Andy :)

13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good job gard, barb and i wish you the best :)

14. odie

odie Supporting Member

Man I remember when this first started. Reminded me of some the tough times Ive had. But you handled it very gracefully!!

Let the good times roll my man!!!

15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Keep Looking forward!

16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Glad to hear that things are looking up

17. I'm happy it's all good for ya. :)

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im glad this painful episode of your life is behind you.

Now you gotta remember that what happened isnt as important as what will happen.

So make the as much good stuff happen as you can.

Peace
    Nick

19. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Gard, I don't know you ex-wife at all, but if this is any indication of the sort of person she was, well you're probably better off without her. That's just a nasty thing to do.

Her loss is someone else's gain by the sounds of it. It's good that you saw the positive side without needing one of us to point it out to you.

All the best.

20. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Glad to hear that it's through, man. I was thinkin' about you this morning because of what you said about court and all that. Let the healing begin! (i know it's begun already but you get the point).

Besides, you can always count on me to spend more money at BC, that is always entertaining! (check yo' email BTW - I'm a freak.)

Cheers to you and I'll buy you and your new ladyfriend a drink in about a month and a half. ;)