1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finally broke down and did it

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by newbassintexas, Oct 17, 2006.

1. newbassintexas

newbassintexas

Aug 26, 2006
    DFW, TX
    For about 6 months now, I have been eyeing this bass
    http://www.rondomusic.net/wpb955t.html
    wanting to upgrade from my SX P bass to a 5 string. So after losing my bass to a house flood this summer, I finally did it. ordered the bass today. Now I am waiting for word from Kurt that it has shipped and the tracking number. :hyper: :hyper: So Kurt if u are reading how long from ordering to shipping? Anybody know how long from NJ to Texas? Sorry, just anxious to have my own bass again!!

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Tell us how it is. I want to get a 5 string fretted bass soon, and don't know if I should go J/J or P/J like my 4 string SX. If it was P/J, it would be a body that I made myself, so the two pick ups would be closer to the neck and closer to each other.

But anyway, if the SX basses turn out to be good (my SX has a dip in the fretboard. :(), I might just buy one of those, instead, and upgrade the electronics later.

3. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    Hey newbassin texas, I am looking forward to what you think of that bass. I was thinking about getting one myself. Good to see another bass player from Texas here.

4. britrit

britrit

Jan 22, 2006
    London
    I hope you didn't get the red finish.

But otherwise, I hope you like it!

5. newbassintexas

newbassintexas

Aug 26, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Ok, got my tracking number today. Bass should be here by Friday!! YAHOO!!! Looking forward to it's arrival. And I got the natural finish. I will post pictures here over the weekend!! For the money and the features, hard to go wrong.
    Hey, mr sprocket, where you at in Dallas. I'm in the Duncanville area.

6. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    Congrats man!!!!! Enjoy your new bass. Friday seems so far away doesn't it.:hyper: :hyper: :p

7. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Let us know how the B string sounds. If all I've got to pay for a 5 string is $219 then I'm out of excuses...

8. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    newbassintexas I am in Arlington but work in Dallas. Can't wait to hear about it. I have been looking at that one for ahwile since the first one I saw on eBay.

9. newbassintexas

newbassintexas

Aug 26, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Bass came in yesterday, couldn't wait to get home and get my hands on it. Impressed right out the box. feels good to the hands. checked it over, no loose hardware that i could find. I left my amp at the church and haven't gotten a new practice amp yet. Plugged into the stero just to see how it would sound. Wow!! I am only a beginner and don't have much to judge it by, but I am impressed. Sounds great, can't wait to get to church and play it thru an amp. B string was pretty good. now out standing, but good enough after tuning it up. So far, so good. Pictures will follow soon.

mr sprocket, glad to hear you are in Arlington. Perhaps the next time I play you could stop by the church in Mansfield and check us out.

10. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    Glad to hear thingd are going well with the bass. I am thinking about the fretless version. I would be using it for church as well. Right now I am using a old Washburn B200.

11. newbassintexas

newbassintexas

Aug 26, 2006
    DFW, TX
    ok, tried to add pictures, but they are too big for me to upload. working on it.

Took the new bass to church on Sunday, showed it to our primary bass player who is also my instructor. Loved it, advised me to raise the action some and it will be ok. Showed it to all the other member's of my guitar ensemble, all of them loved it, esp for the price.
    Working on the setup now. My buddy the lead guitar player is going to help me with the setup when we practice on Wednesday.

So far it's all :hyper: :hyper:

12. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
  13. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    DFW bassists unite! I live between Frisco and Denton.

I had an SX 4 string jazz. It was actually pretty good, better than most MIA and MIM Fender Jazz that I've played.

since I already have a few Jazz basses already, I traded the SX to a friend for a good ticket to a Rush concert, but I go still visit the bass now, and then. she still plays as good as the day i got her. SX's are great buys, and good for mods.

mm

14. newbassintexas

newbassintexas

Aug 26, 2006
    DFW, TX
    tried to resize the picture, can't seem to get it small enough to upload:crying:

15. newbassintexas

newbassintexas

Aug 26, 2006
    DFW, TX
    ok finally got one small enough. :hyper: But at least now we have a picture and proof that it does live in my den!!!:bassist:

Attached Files:

16. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Try Imageshack to resize. http://imageshack.us/

I have a SX Scorpion I love. Needs shielding but even so, it is killer for the $$.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021