1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FINALLY!! :D (warning: big pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Platypus_Of_420, Apr 20, 2006.

1. after waiting for a year for a second bass, i looked out the window today and *BAM* it was right there, i almost crapped my pants.
    whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

here ya go peoples, just to prove it exists:

basspics005.

basspics006.

its gigbag
    basspics007.

and the certificate of origin
    basspics008.

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

Enjoy ! :bassist:

3. Congrats! Looks nice. :hyper:

4. by the way, i hate to hear people have had problems with them, i didnt have problems with them except their ebay store which is screwed up (it says they charge shipping for the gigbag too, but they dont). dunno whats up with their website though.
    darrel sent it out on monday, so it took 4 days, they estimated 1-6 days. so thats a decent shipping time.
    fedex still ships faster though

5. Is the picture blurry because you're jumping for joy? I know I would be. It looks awesome, enjoy it!

6. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I was kinda thinking a seizure, but you know either way... :D

Congrats man!

7. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    They have that exact bass hanging in the Paramus, NJ Guitar Center. It's used of course, I can't remember the price on it. I didn't get a chance to play it through anything, but it has a great neck.

8. very nice bass...i've been kind of interested in TBC, how do they play?

9. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Sweet bass man... enjoy!

10. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    This is all way over my head. I don't even know what it is. Looks like another Jazz copy with a twist. Sort of looks like a Yamaha?

11. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    If all goes well, my next bass will be a TBC.

That is, in a few years or so when I decide to buy a new bass. Until then, enjoy that one! :p

12. manbass

manbass

May 20, 2004
    Tampa Bay
    Clue another ignorant brother in...what kind of bass is it?

13. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    people up here consider today a holiday- i do as well... peace easy!

14. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Awesome looking bass! Congratulations.

15. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Supporting Member Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Dude, that's a beautiful tea cart to the right.

16. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Let's keep this thread on the topic of the bass, please.

I will now edit out all the other crap.:rolleyes:

17. JKwo

JKwo

Jan 12, 2006
    Berklee
    "The Bass Company"

18. thanks everybody, i havnt fiddled around with it enough to get to know it yet

wow, i guess i missed out on alot of posts :meh:

i was tryin to keep myself to hold still, its almost impossible not to pick that thing up whenever i look at it. :hyper:

indeed :D no more scars and blisters from my squier :)

its not what i had in mind for it, but its good either way you look at it. the unfinished neck feels great, and theres a really good grain on it. the pearloid inlays are really great lookin too, its like white/pink/green. when i picked it up it felt awkward cause i'm only used to alder (too many fenders). the chambered body kinda makes it sound like it has an echo, which is kinda awkward playing yourself, but i bet it sounds great in a band setting, you get used to it and dont notice it after a while though. i'll post a short review once i figure one out in a few weeks or so (keep in mind this is my second bass, so i dont know enough about pickups, etc. to give it a decent review). eventually when i have the money and time and motivation i'll change the setup from vol/blend to vol/vol cause thats way more versatile IMO.
    but either way you look at it, this is one heck of a step-up bass, and my squiers sittin in the corner cryin. :hyper:

the action was setup nice and low, it was kinda outta tune, maybe half a note at the most, but hey, what do you expect when its comin all the way from cali?

a TBC...
    sexier modern lookin jazz bass on roids :smug:

:rolleyes:

19. Once again, nice bass! :bassist:

20. update:
    this thing seems to be a high-end addict
    even with high mids and treble cut down on my amp and the bass, on the higher strings i get that high-end ring
    its not always a bad thing, but does anybody have any tips on how to eliminate this?