Finally got to try, I mean BUY, a Sadowsky!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dirty Dave, May 28, 2007.

1. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    I have the same bass in the 5-string version....you're going to absolutely LOVE this bass

2. OK, I'll take the koa one. :)

Seriously, I'm sure you'll still want to play your Carvins. They are great instruments and maybe cover some sonic territory the Sadowsky doesn't.

Question: I've never had the pleasure of trying a Sadowsky. I'm wondering how the playability is compared to your Carvins?

3. I got a laugh out of that! I think some of us have been there. Instead of thinking about sex during boring meetings we're thinking about that next bass. :D

4. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    That would be one of the toughest one to part with.

I'm still very much getting used to the preamp. I took her out to a gig Thursday night and between the Sadowsky and the new amp I was running it through (Carvin B800/Berg HT/EX112), it took me half the gig to figure out what the hell I was doing LOL. Maybe I should only bring out one new peice of equipment at a time?

The playability is just awesome. For years I could not find a bass that felt as good in my hands as a Carvin, but for me the Sadowsky was an instant hit. The real test was the gig though. After playing on 24 fret necks for over 4 years, I was a little nervous going to a 21 fret without much time on it. I was thinking everything would feel out of place but the adjustment couldn't have been smoother. I really can't wait to bring it out again, maybe even tonight.

5. I recieved the Kinal a couple of days ago. It's beautiful but the neck is quite wide so I think I'm going to return it. If you want to hear more about Kinal, PM me.