1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finally got to try, I mean BUY, a Sadowsky!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dirty Dave, May 28, 2007.

1. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    You Sadowsky owners are killing me with all the threads showing your gorgeous basses - but today I am one very happy bass player.:D

For those that might remember my similar titled thread from a little over a week ago, well, as you probably figured would happen, I just couldn't stand it any longer and gave in. I mean, I was literally losing sleep over this thing. Going over the finances everyday, thinking about it when I went to bed at night, when I woke up in the morning. It was getting so bad that I was starting to have trouble focusing on my new job. I figured I better just buy the thing before I get myself fired LOL!!

Anyway, not sure if I mentioned it in my other thread but it's a Metro Series UV70MB4 with the binding and block inlays. I've been drooling over the pictures of this bass since I first saw it about 6-12 months ago, so I knew I was in trouble when BassCentral just so happened to have one in stock. It just feels and plays incredible!!

Unfortunately, I'm having web host issues so I was unable to post a picture of the actual bass but I'm hoping Nino won't mind me "borrowing" a picture he posted in the "Sadowsky Gallery" thread until I can resolve the issue (hopefully tomorrow). Mine is the exact same bass and I am obviously very excited about it!!:hyper:

Attached Files:

2. Anthbass

Anthbass

Jul 24, 2006
    Canada
    Very snazzy. Enjoy!

3. that one looks like the... you know... kind of...

It's pretty!

4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

Very cool, Dave. I had the exact bass some time ago. You are gonna love it. Post a review after you gig it

Rob

5. Yeah, I remember that thread. I figured it would happen, just not so soon!!!:eek:

Congratulations! Glad to hear you're really happy with it. Will you be retiring the Carvins?

I'm waiting for a Kinal bass to be delivered sometime this week. Never played one so I don't really know what to expect but it's exciting.

6. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Will do. I have four gigs coming up this weekend so I'll most likely bring it with me to at least one, if not all of them.

I think the guys in the band are anxious to see it anyway after all the talking I've been doing about it. They encouraged me to get it so I'll shut up about it already LOL.

7. JansenW

JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    Congrats. Now you can begin to give GAS to others!

8. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I can't help it...I"m weak when it comes to new toys, especially bass gear.

:eek: Whoa now!! That's crazy talk!! Well, maybe not that crazy. I've had short-lived thoughts about maybe selling one or two of my five Carvins to finance the Sadowsky but I just can't bring myself to do it. I still love each and every one of them. Maybe I'll sell one of my amps instead. Maybe.:smug:

You know, I'm not sure I've ever heard of Kinal until now. Nevertheless, congrats to you as well. I just did a quick search for the website and they look pretty sharp. I'll be watching for your pictures and comments on it after it arrives.

9. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I hear ya'. I've taken the...you know...for a test drive more than once because I love the look but just couldn't commit to it.

Needless to say, the Sadowsky plays much better IMO.

10. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I bought a UV70MW4 in January... and love it. I bought it from Sadowsky and had them put single coils in it... it totally kills! I've been thinking about starting a UV70 thread cause these are such great basses IMHO!

11. What bass are you guys talking about?

12. :smug: Congratulations! That's the colourscheme and the model that I'd choose, too.

May you both be very happy together!

:bassist:

13. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Geddy Lee signature Jazz.

14. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars

Ya know, I've got a variety of instruments, but somehow, ever since I got my Sadowsky, that's the only bass I gig with. Period. Yeah, I always carry at least one additional bass with me, but I'm pretty sure that since the Sadowsky arrived the Modulus got one set, and the Gecko got one set. Total. Out of a whole bunch of gigs.

Point is, once you get to know that Sadowsky, you might never open the Carvin case.......:meh:

Regardless, congrats on a great new bass!:bassist:

15. LOL, I thought it was obvious, just didn't wanted to bring an out of topic thing.

16. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1

17. jazzbo58

jazzbo58 Bassist for My Man Godbey

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    Congratulations Dave! Enjoy that beauty.

Cheers,
    Jim

18. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    Nice...congrats! I love my new UV...can't wait for my next gig (whenever that is...).

19. ster

ster Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    Very nice. I would love to have that one. Best of luck.
    I do have a Metro MV4 on its way. I caved in to Sadowsky GAS myself.
    Damn you Talkbass!

20. Nice dude. Congrats on a very nice bass! Cool color scheme.

I have an RV4 in Oly White...I love it and so do my bandmates. These Metros are very well-built basses with killer playability and FAT tone - you'll be happy with it.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021