Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally signed up for this great community!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by jbasso, Mar 1, 2006.

1. jbasso

jbasso

Mar 1, 2006
    Hugo, MN
    Hey guys, my name is Josh. I have been browsing TB for a few weeks, and let me say right off the bat, Im glad I signed up for membership. The atmosphere is great, friendly, and just nice to visit.

I have been playing bass for 5 or 6 months now, purchased my first bass (Ibanez gsr100, its horrible) and learned everything I know now on that bass. I am now in the market for a 5 string, that is a step up from the bass I currently own now, but I am not made of money. My budget is a low 400 dollars. I have been looking at the ibanez sr305dx. Im not sure why everyone hates ibanez, I had a small experience with the sr305dx and liked it. Sounded great, fast neck, and for the price (340) its pretty damn good! If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to let me know! I dont want to make a mistake.

I hope to stretch my bass guitar knowledge, and maybe even do something helpful once in a while, when possible, lol.

Thanks for taking the time to read, Im glad to be here!