1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finally! Tonal bliss.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matt Call, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'm going to be honest, I think my search is over. As of Wednesday, I'm the proud owner of a DB750...

I first played one probably 3 years ago, when our producer first recommended I check out Aguilar. I played every piece of Aggie gear I could (except the 728...) and fell in love.

I've never been so happy with an amp. I literally plug in, set all of my EQs flat, and play. It's almost wierd to me not switching switches and turning knobs during a gig/practice. I put it straight to work on Wednesday night. Nothing but compliments on how awesome the bass sounded. I'll be honest, I cracked more than a little smile. I think everything piece of gear I own just compliments each other so well.

My brother (no musical experience) even said "That sounds better than anything I've ever heard. It KICKS!"

I'm so happy with this setup. I just had to share.

The only thing I have to decide now is the next cab I get. I'm thinking a GS210. I need something smaller for gigs where I don't need a 410, and it'd be nice to be able to add the the 410 when need be. I toyed around the idea of adding a GS412; but I'll probably hold off on that. For now.

Also debating on a 112 or two. If anyone has any suggestions; I'm all ears.

2. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    Congrats

The store near me is finally getting in some aguilar stock so I will definitely have to check it out

3. Congrats!! And welcome to the "Big Daddy Aggie Club"!

4. Ahhh another Aguilar convert! I though SWR was my destined bass amp of choice...then from the clouds an aggie DB750 and GS412 decended into my bands practice space...then later on a DB728/DB680 decended and i realised that Aggie and Me is the only way to be!

Have ya ever though of adding a 1x15 Aggie to the mix? Get ya really bumping for shows.

-Vince
    -Loudyn

5. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I don't know if "convert" is the right term... ;) I've been using Aggie cabs for quite a while, and had a 359; but sold everything at one point to change up my rig. I was never happy with my sound since then.

I've thought of adding a 115; but my 410 is 4 ohm and they don't make the 115 in 4 ohm IIRC. Unless I ended up getting an 8 ohm 410...

6. I just thought I'd make my post sound cooler by useing the word "covert" but oh well. I was unaware that the 1x15 is only 8ohm and upon inspection you are correct my friend! Well then how about adding a 2x12 under it?

-Vince
    -Loudyn

7. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Ha. I guess I am a convert.

I'm not sure about a 212. I want something smaller. Granted, it does weigh 30 lbs. less than the 410. I'm really leaning towards the 210. Size-wise, I think it would be nice. For smaller, coffeehouse type, gigs I could use just the 210; but then have the option of adding it to the 410 for big gigs.

I love the sound of 610s too. Not crazy, like say an 810; but not "just" a 410. 410s are by no means weak. I just like the sound of 6 10" speakers pushing some power.

It'd be cool if Aguilar made a 4 ohm 115... *cough*

8. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Man that's awesome! Makes me even happier that I went through with my Aggie purchase. Now, I just have to wait............:(