1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Finals!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fontaine, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    So finals for me start tomorrow, hopefullly after these 6 exams are over I will only have 1 year left until I am a Petroleum Engineer! The bad news is tomorrow I'm writing an exam that I could very well fail, I have studied well over 20 hours for this exam alone and it could still be horrible.

If your wondering I am writing a Facilities final tomorrow and it is basically all about different oil production facilities and how oil, gas and water is separated into well...oil, gas and water, etc. It's basically all theory with about 5-7 different calculations that can be difficult...One in particular is 4 pages long and is about how to design a particular separator for a production facility with specific specifications.

For everyone who is writing exams GOOD LUCK! hopefully we can all do well in the end:D

:help:

2. If I might be so bold as to pass along a few things I learned about how to take an essay style exam.

1) Write out a quick outline. It will help you organize your thoughts. And my profs. were known to give partial credit for something in the outline that did not make it into the essay part. Stuff that probably still would not have made it in to the essay with out the outline.

2) If you don't know it by 10pm, you won't know it at 3am. A good nights sleep will do you better than staying up all night studying.

3) Have fun.

edg

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I agree with point two wholeheartedly. Nothing better than a good night's sleep before an exam. Earplugs, and a good breakfast. Don't cram, and just relax, and believe in yourself. I've pulled many good exams off using this method instead of cramming.

The outline works well too.

I'll be doing this myself in two weeks.