1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Find a cabinet for Phil Jones D600

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by basdanne, Feb 14, 2013.

1. basdanne

basdanne

Nov 4, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Hi. I am about to buy a Phil Jones D600 amp. I am thinking of a nice cabinet to use with it. What kind of speaker could work with this amp?

Best regards
    /Daniel

2. GrowlerBox

GrowlerBox

Feb 10, 2010
    Nude Zealand
    What's available in Oslo? I guess the obvious response is a Phil Jones cabinet, but you may be buying the amp online, of course.

100 TBers will provide you with 175 opinions, so limiting by availability, price range, size of venue, etc will be a good start. I'm assuming from your profile that the intended use is for jazz playing, but in what context(s)? Is there anything you own or have used before that you like?

3. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    In Europe, I'd look into Barefaced cabs or check with speakerbuilders in the UK

4. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    Why not pair it with the PJB Compact 4 or the Compact 8? Both would be excellent cabs that are designed with the D600, and are fairly lightweight (comparatively).

5. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Compact 8??

6. Jon Moody

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    Yep, it's not commercially available as of yet but you can order it direct (and get put on the list) from PJB. Specs are as follows:

Speakers: 8 x 5"
    Power: 800w
    Impedance: 4ohm
    Frequency: 25-15Khz
    Dimensions: 14.2 x 12.4 x 24 inch (WxDxH) 361 x 316 x 612 mm
    Weight: 57.2lbs / 26kg
    Connection: NL4

Attached Files:

7. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Nice! Thanks!

8. Jon Moody

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    So it's been two months; has the OP gotten the D600 and what did you think about it?

9. Acoustic356

Acoustic356 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    I think he's too busy playing...