1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finland wins hockey world cup 2011!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IanIan, May 15, 2011.

1. IanIan

IanIan

Dec 31, 2009
    Finland
    YEEEAAAAH! I have never felt so proud of being Finnish! I'd like that all the hockey-fans on this forum and all the fins unite to celebrate this special event!!!

Go FINLAND GO!!:bassist:

I'am proud to represent the Finnish low-end!

2. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    CONGRATS to the Fins. My understanding is Hockey is HUGE in Finland. At least way bigger than it is in the US.

3. IanIan

IanIan

Dec 31, 2009
    Finland
    Yeah it is. And winning the world championship is like the whole country winning in lottery! Everything just goes CRAZY!

4. Congats to Finland. They played a great Tournament. Hahahahaha I get to rib my Swedish friends now. :p

5. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Well that said I'm a huge hockey fan. Not having TV inhibits my ability to follow other leagues however. :(

6. IanIan

IanIan

Dec 31, 2009
    Finland
    haha, well I think you can find at least the results on the internet, but I think the games might be streamed on some websites too:) I'm just too happy, I should be sleeping, but heck I can't help my self:D

7. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    When they beat Russia, I told a friend of mine that they were beating Sweeden hands down, he disagreed and long story short, I get a free sixer of beer.

8. T2k5

T2k5

Feb 16, 2011
    Kerava, Finland
    I have trouble sleeping now that everyone's making noise outside, we should have lost! :p

9. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yeah.. I heard that Helsinki has gone somewhat crazy - and this is late Sunday night! For me the Russia semifinal was the huge emotional rollercoaster, and the gold against Sweden is just icing on the cake. But as said, it's always special when Finland and Sweden meet in a hockey tournament, the rivalry is so fierce, so the meet-up being at the final is a dream game for both countries. And of course the best thing is not that Finland won by 6-1, it's that Sweden lost by 6-1 ;)

[​IMG]

10. stevetx19

stevetx19

Sep 28, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    congrats....i usually cheer for finland when team usa is out. i like how fast they play. good goaltending too. Enjoy the celebration!