1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First post on talkbass (Intro)

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Siberian Khatru, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Siberian Khatru

Siberian Khatru

Jul 30, 2012
    Hey guys and gals,

I've been reading through this forum for the past couple weeks and felt I may as well introduce myself before I start posting. Wasn't sure where this should be posted, so I took a guess. Been playing guitar for 12 years and have just fallen in love with all kinds of music. Within the past few years, I've really fallen in love with the groove aspect. And since my drummer and I can never seem to find a solid bassist to stick around, I took matters into my own hand. I play primarily in an alternate tuning (EGDB) and am now writing fusion/rock based originals full-time with a drummer as a duo. Just want to thank all the contributing users on this forum for all their knowledge they've poured on here for people on the interwebs to learn from. I am playing hand-me-down bass amps and am now looking to purchase quality set up for myself, so this site has been extremely resourceful in what to shop for. Posted below is a little clip of me playing my '89 American Jazz. Thanks again for all you do!

- Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXCIt63cmmI&feature=plcp

2. Cool name and great song. My favorite Yes tune.

3. There is a place, http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f147/ but no one goes there, reads the posts, or interacts... so this is as good of a place as any!

From one n00b to another... Welcome!
    :bassist:

4. Siberian Khatru

Siberian Khatru

Jul 30, 2012
    I took a risk. :bassist:

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Same here. I was in a band a long time ago that played that song to a tee. Now..? meh, I'm waaaaaaaaaaay too lazy to learn stuff like that :)

But yeh, WELCOME!!

6. Siberian Khatru

Siberian Khatru

Jul 30, 2012
    Definitely my favorite Yes song as well. I'm a huge Yeshead. That's the band that got me into music and playing on a whole different level.

7. New guy sposed to bring tacos or pizza...:D

So... Where's the pizza?:eyebrow:

8. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem.

I wanted waffles.

9. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I'm sure he'll be along shortly...

10. Welcome to the machine.......and don't forget the carrots. :D

11. Welcome, man. Just a heads up: think carefully before you post abou sensitive material, lest you:

a) Hurt sensible TB-ers' feelings
    b) Are branded a troll and public safety threat
    c) Are punished with demerit points or have your threads closed without warning or clear motive
    d) All the above

Other than that, it's an enjoyable forum.

12. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Hello and welcome.
    Yes, It is such a great resource.
    just remember.....it is all opinions
    and you might think differently yourself........amp choices....basses etc.

13. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    I wish more new people would post here, nobody pays any attention to the welcome forum. Welcome!

14. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    How do...........

15. :D

16. Siberian Khatru

Siberian Khatru

Jul 30, 2012
    sym_0025-0802-2722-3828_cheese_pizza_slice_cartoon_character_with_welcoming_open_arms.

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Hi.