first time here, ???s

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Matthew Stein, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Matthew Stein

Matthew Stein

Feb 23, 2006
    hello all,

this is my first time using any sort of site like this. i've been a bass player for a number of years now, playing both upright and electric in a variety and different musical situations. my main reason accessing this site is my lack of knowledge about gear, etc.
    the concern that has really been bugging me, is what sort of rig i need/want as primarily a upright player, but also a setup i can hopefully use for electric as well. i'm pretty happy with the bass i have and the sound i'm getting in a small room, but i've recenly started playing in a rock band and many difficulties have arisen in making an upright bass work in big room (sound, sound control, feedback just from my fingers not holding the strings down, etc, etc.).
    anyway, i'm sure i should post more specific ?s to other parts of the site.
    but i thought i'd say hi since i mihgt be using this site for a while.

:) Matt
  2. punnet

Feb 13, 2006
    ive got dis really crap montory bass wat should i up grade to:meh:
  3. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Hi Matt, welcome to TB.

Since you play both DB and BG, you may want to take a trip down to the DB section of TB and ask about amp selections for your application. There are many knowledgeable guys there that can point you in the right direction.